Part 10: A New year

When the dinner ended, Lily couldn't name a time that she'd had more fun. Although the dinner was meant to be formal, the teens had practically had a partytable. A food fight had almost broken out among them twice. Of course both incidents were started by Mitch and Jace.But when the dinner did end, Lily ended up staying a little longer, but soon Scorpius deemed it time to follow her mother's request, and take her home.

 "I'm sure she won't care if I come home a little late," Lily insisted as they walked back into the living room. 

"Perhaps, but I did tell her that I'd have you home," Scorpius countered. "I would like to be a man of my word. It'll help her like me more." He smirked at her. 

Lily rolled her eyes. "You try too hard." 

They got to the fireplace, and Scorpius handed her the powder. "Well, I'll see you on the train, Lily Luna." 

Lily grinned. "Yeah, I'll see you then, Scorp." 

When Lily stepped back into her own house, she was glad that the living room was empty of people."I'm back!" Lily called. 

"Glad to have you back, princess!" her father called from the other room. "The other kids are upstairs!" 

Lily walked up the stairs, and she could easily hear the noise coming from one of the boys' rooms down the hall. But she didn't dare join them, and instead she changed. She was dying to get out of her dress. She changed into one of Teddy's old shirts, and into a comfy pair of shorts. She was thankful for the wardrobeHaving nothing else to really do, Lily picked up the book that Scorpius had lent her and laid on her bed. She was almost through with the book, only two or three was a fabulous book, and Lily had begun to want to try quite a few of the potions in the book. 

She had finished another chapter and more when a knock came at her door. "Come in," she called, not taking her eyes off of her book. She heard the door open 

"You know, you and Rose may not be sisters, but you two have a lot of similarities. Every time I see Rose she has a book in hand, and now you do to." 

Lily finally see Lorcan standing in her room. He seemed just like he did when she last saw him. He was skinny, and kinda tall, but last she remembered, he wasn't much tall

 He had the same light blue eyes as his twin, but there was one big difference between Lorcan and Lysander. Their hair. They were the same color, obviously, but Lysander had longer and unruly blonde hair, Lorcan had short hair. The fringe just barely touched the top of his forehead. 

Lily couldn't help but smile. "Hey, Lorcan! What are you doing in here? Why aren't you with the others?" 

He gave a shrug as he plopped down onto her bed. "I went downstairs and heard that you had come home and were probably hiding up in your room, so I thought to see ya. I haven't talked to ya in forever it seems," he explained. 

Lily marked her page and set the book on her bedside table. "Yeah, the first year was a bit hectic. Friends, enemies, getting used to classes, and Quidditch." 

"Yeah, the first year is a bit frantic. But they get mellower. And Quidditch makes it all the better," Lorcan said with a grin. 

Lily wasn't surprised with his excitement as a big Quidditch fan, and loved the game. Anything about it excited him."Yeah, because all the classes weren't enough. I had to add practices to my days as well, and kill the idea of sleep all together," Lily teased.

 Lorcan just shook his head. "Who cares about classes and homework, and all that junk? If I couldn't play Quidditch, I'd drop as soon as I could." 

Lil raised a brow. "You would really quit school?"