Part 50:Don't Fade away

When Lily woke up, she didn't open her eyes. She was too warm, too comfortable, and too relaxed. But when she felt the body next to her and wrapped around her, it took Lily a split moment to remember whose bed she was in. The musky smell of rain and cinnamon whirled around her, and she smiled.

Blinking a few times, Lily opened her eyes to see Scorpius still sleeping. His hair fell over his forehead, his eyes closed peacefully, his lips parted slightly as he took in small breaths. Lily sighed as she looked at him. He was so . . . perfect in these moments. At least to her. In fact, these moments were perfects for her. But she could tell that it was almost time to get up anyway. So without disturbing him, Lily moved Scorpius's arms away from her.

She slid out of the covers, and peaked out of the curtain. Silent, and nothing was stirring in the room. She picked up her wand from the bedside table, and easily with a whispered spell, placed a charmed lily on the pillow. Then she left the bed, closed the curtains, and then grabbed her clothes. She changed back into them, just incase she ran into anyone, and then left the room. It wasn't needed, because the halls were empty. She quietly opened the door to her actual dorm room, and saw the girls all sleeping.

Lily slid into the room, opened her trunk, grabbed a fresh set of clothes, and then went into the bathroom. She made her shower quick, then dried her hair messily before throwing it up into her usual side ponytail. She dressed in her uniform, and then went back into the room. She opened her trunk and quietly began to put her things away around the room. She threw Scorpius's shirt in with the rest of her clothes, saving it.

Megan was the first to wake up. Lily knew that normally, Megan would have been the first to make a joke at her about not coming in last night. But the big yawn and tired eyes showed Lily that Megan wasn't up for it just yet. With a bit of a grin and a nod, Megan grabbed her own clothes and then walked into the bathroom.

Lola was the next to wake up. She was more bright-eyed and awake, and she smiled when she saw Lily. "That must have been a long meeting with the headmaster," Lola teased. She got up from her bed and began to rifle through her own clothes.

"It wasn't actually," Lily admitted with a grin of her own.

"So, was I right when I told the girls you were probably sleeping in Scorpius's bed?" Lola inquired as she began to change. Shannon and Izzy began to wake up as well.

Lily laughed lightly. "Yes, you were correct in saying so."

Lola squealed with excitement. She quickly finished buttoning up her shirt, and then pounced on Lily's bed, looking at her with questions in her eyes. "And?" she hinted.

Lily rolled her eyes. "And it was just like the last time. Nice, warm, and perfect. So much in fact that, I might sleep in there again tonight."

"Are we to assume that you won't be sleeping in here with us too much now?" Shannon asked teasingly as she pulled out her own clothes.

Lily laughed with them. "Yes, you may."

Lily sighed with a bit of boredom. She was sitting outside with the rest of the students in Care of Magical Creatures. Hagrid had been instructing them all about Bowtruckles since he took them to an area near the edge of the forest. They were sitting on the grass as they listened. But Lily was a bit preoccupied, and it was only the first class of the day. But next was Potions. She had been given a note from Professor Slughorn along with her schedule. The note had explained what he was teaching the fifth years today. It wasn't something the class had ever learned before, but Lily knew from experience that it was on the O.W.L. test. Polyjuice Potion. It was what a good chunk of the written portion was about.

"Lily, can you tell me where Bowtruckles are known to live?" Hagrid asked suddenly.

Lily blinked, focusing back on Hagrid and the class. He had a look that told her that he knew she had been daydreaming. She glanced at her friends, but they looked clueless. Hugo looked hesitant, and Wilde looked smug from where she sat next to him.