Part 47:Best Birthday ever

When Lily woke up on the morning of the sixth, she laid in her bed unmoving. She was fifteen today. She was having two parties. She had talked to her grandmum about having a party with her friends, and she had surprisingly relented, as long as Lily spent the morning and afternoon at the Burrow. So Scorpius had the party at six. And her parents, mostly her mother, had been accepting of this party. Lily had to assure them over and over again that Astoria and Draco would be there. Her only requirement was to be back at the Burrow by midnight.

A knock sounded at her door, making Lily turn her head, but still not get up. "Who is it?" she called lazily.

"It's me!"

Lily scowled with confusion at the voice. That was Dominique! She finally swung her legs off the bed and sat up with a small stretch. She walked over and unlocked her bedroom door. Dominique was standing there, hands on her hips, her vivid hair whirling around her shoulders and back.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lily demanded, manners being the last thing in her tired and confused mind.

Dominique brushed past her and walked into the room. "So, what's this I hear about a party at Malfoy's tonight?" she asked, disregarding Lily's question.

Lily shut her door, locking it again. "It's a birthday party for me. Why?"

Dominique shrugged. "Curious. Mitch wants me to come, but I'm not sure I want to."

"Then don't," Lily muttered. She moved to open her closet. "So, what do you want? I know you didn't come over here just to ask about a party at Scorpius's house. You don't even really like him."

"I don't hate or dislike Malfoy. I'm impartial," Dominique countered.

"Quit avoiding the question," Lily told her as she pulled out a laced and frilled black skirt. She began to look for a shirt to wear to the party. She was going to stick it in her bag. No way was she wearing a party outfit to her family birthday party.

"I was bored," Dominique replied.

"Wrong answer," Lily retorted, sensing the lie. She chose a thin green and black shirt with sleeves that reached her elbows.

"Do you have to be so nosy?" Dominique hissed.

"My room, so I'm allowed," Lily said, not missing a sarcastic beat. She took the clothes over to her overnight bag. Lately, she hated having to stay night at the Burrow for every birthday. She used to love it . . . but things change.

She heard Dominique give a loud sigh, and then watched as Dominique fell back onto her bed. "My parents are getting on my nerves, and Louis is no help. Mitch is busy with Malfoy, so I have no other place to hide but here," she answered.

"What about Victoire?" Lily asked.

"Theodore," Dominique said, as if stated everything. Which, it did. Dominique wasn't fond of little kids. They were too messy for her. "And everyone else in this family is unbearable."

"When are you going to France?" Lily asked, thinking of family that Dominique liked. Dominique went to France every summer, even if her siblings didn't. She seemed to like the Delacour side of her family more than the Weasley, which she probably did.

"Change of plans. They're coming here next week instead," Dominique grumbled.

Lily almost laughed. "That sucks."

"Tell me about it. There goes getting away from annoying cousins!"

"Don't you have French cousins?" Lily asked.