Part 36: The clean Potter name

Lily packed her bag with a final sigh. They were leaving today, and Lily would be going back home. Home. Back to a house that didn't seem to fully accept her anymore. It was hard to imagine after the wonderful weeks she'd had with the Malfoys. After the incident in the bathroom, things seemed to return to normal between her and Scorpius again, although Lily now always felt that warmth when she was around him. Lily was just glad that things were somewhat normal between them still. Astoria had taken a few days to dress Lily like a doll, finding her best colors and fabrics. And she had insisted that Lily take the outfits that she had worn in the photos. Lily didn't get a chance to disagree.

A knock sounded at her door. Lily turned her head to see Scorpius standing in the open doorway. Lily smiled at him. "What's up?" she asked.

"I was just wondering if you needed a little help packing," Scorpius offered, stepping more into the room.

Lily shook her head. "No, I'm done. But you could bring it downstairs," she teased.

But Scorpius took her seriously and stepped forward to pick up her bag. Lily had founded it a bit heavy at half full, but while full, Scorpius picked it up with ease. "Got it covered. Come on, Princess." Lily rolled her eyes, but she followed him out of the room. He led her down to the fireplace in the sitting room.

"I'm going to miss this place," Lily murmured.

He nodded. "Yeah," he agreed. "It's a great place to be." Scorpius sighed. "But it's time to go. You and I will be Flooing. Easier for us."

"Ok. Who first?" Lily asked.

"Me," Scorpius volunteered. "That way I can catch you if you fall."

"What a gentleman," Lily mocked. But Scorpius didn't seem to hear her. He took a handful of the powder and disappeared with a yell:

"Godric's Hollow, 117!"

Letting the fire die down a bit, Lily took a careful amount of the powder into her hand. Then she followed Scorpius's lead. "Godic's Hollow, 117!"

Lily began to spin as she kept her elbows in. Scenes went in and out of her sight, and she didn't stop spinning until she found a familiar one. Lily fell out from the fireplace, landing in Scorpius's open and waiting arms. He was smirking at her.

"Guess I was right," he teased.

Lily stood back up and shoved him away. His hands were evoking that heat in her. "Oh, shut it," she muttered.

Scorpius chuckled. "Well, I'd better be going. I'll write," he assured.

Lily felt a little disappointed that he was leaving so soon, but she still smiled a little. "Good. I'll write back."

Scorpius held out his arms, and Lily stepped into the warmth of the embrace. It was as if heat wrapped around her as well. Lily uselessly pushed away that feeling, but it persisted. The feeling tightened in her stomach, which was where the heat seemed to nest as well. When he let her go, she was sure that her entire body was flushed.

Scorpius still smirked. "Later, Princess."

Lily gave a small wave at his retreating back. "Bye, Scor."

Scorpius grabbed more powder. "Malfoy Manor!" He was gone. Then Lily was alone in the room, and seemingly alone in the house. Not one sound from anywhere. That was rare in a Weasley or Potter house. Lily grabbed her things and took them to her room, where she began to unpack. First she took all of her clothes, old and new, and put them away. Then she took out the magazines that Astoria let her keep, and hid them behind her vanity mirror. She was almost done unpacking when she heard someone coming.