Part 41: High Society Girl

Lily let out a gentle sigh as she stood behind the screen in Astoria Malfoy's work room. She was being interviewed today, and as soon as she'd stepped out of the fireplace and into the manor, Astoria had rushed her up to the work room, and had thrown an outfit into her hands. Lily looked at it now.

In front of her was a bold green top with straps instead of sleeves. She could tell that it would fit her form snugly. It was accompanied by a laced black skirt with a green lace hem, and a green waistline. She pulled them on quickly, and looked at the accessories that Astoria had given her. A couple of silver bracelets, a pair of emerald colored earrings, a pair of black tights, and black formal shoes, which were thankfully flats. Lily put these on, along with her Slytherin pendant from the last shoot. Then she stepped out from behind the screen and moved toward the vanity chair, knowing the routine. Astoria smiled as she took in her appearance.

"You look stunning as always," Astoria complimented. "Now, what should we do with your hair?"

"How about we curl it a little?" Lily suggested, thinking of Scorpius's love of the style.

Astoria smiled at her in the mirror. "Perfect. And we'll gloss your lips a bit, maybe a bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner, and we'll call it good," she told her. Immediately, Lily felt hands in her hair. "So, they are sending over a woman named Catherine Heart. At least that's what the note they sent over this morning said. She's bringing along a camera man of course for a couple of pictures. And then we'll do a shoot in the clothes you're wearing, along with a few other outfits. And then I'm going to show you what you're wearing for the party," Astoria explained. "I'm so glad you decided to go to the party!"

Lily laughed lightly. "It's no problem. Besides, I like getting out of the house and having fun."

"You don't have fun at your house?" Astoria inquired. Lily liked how the question was one of pure curiosity and not at all prying.

"Some, but it can be boring. I don't want to bug my mum while she works on an article, and my dad works. It leaves me with nothing to do," Lily told her.

"Well, the party should be wonderful. A few reporters will be the one downfall," she said with a laugh. "But there will be plenty of other fashion designers, owners of clothing stores, and there will be plenty of high-class families that come to be seen as high society."

"Will the rest of your family be there?" Lily asked.

"Of Lucius and Narcissa never miss a social event, especially one like this. Among purebloods this will most likely be called the event of the season. Not even Lucius would miss it, even if it is to basically celebrate your new popularity," Astoria told her. "And of course Draco will be there. He's always there to support me. And I thought that I was going to have to drag Scorpius to the party, but he was surprisingly agreeable this time."

"Why, does he usually fight these parties?" Lily questioned.

"He's so stubborn," Astoria said with a sigh as she picked up a bit of makeup. She turned Lily's chair and began to work on the small amount of makeup. "He always used to complain about going to fashion parties. I was surprised that he agreed to go to this one so easily. I tried to figure out why he changed his mind so easily, but he was tightlipped, and I couldn't think of anything."

"Well, it's nice to know that I'll know someone there this time," Lily replied.

"That is a good thing. I'm glad that you two will be able to keep each other company while us adults go off and be a bit boring," Astoria laughed. "So, why aren't you bringing your boyfriend. Lysander Scamander, is it?"

"Yeah, that's him. And his brother is making the entire Ravenclaw team practice that day, and I didn't want to make him come to a long party while he's exhausted," Lily explained to her. "I thought I'd let him get some sleep. Besides, I'll see him Christmas Eve. His family is coming over to my grandparents' house. Both he and his twin wanted to come over for the holidays."