Part 51: A light of you own

"Ok, so I know that the whole Quidditch team is going to watch Gryffindor's tryouts to make sure that Potter doesn't cheat," Megan commented as the five fifth year girls walked to the pitch, "but will someone please tell me why the rest of us girls are going?"

"You're going because Izzy and I are going," Shannon replied. "And Izzy and I are going because Lola asked us if we wanted to go, and Lola's going because Hugo will be there."

"What's with the attraction to Weasley, Lola?" Megan demanded. "I mean, not that he's ugly or anything, but . . . I don't get it."

Lola shrugged. "I think he's cute. Tall, kinda strong, athletic, and amazing hair."

"I still don't see it," Megan sighed.

"Well I don't get what you see in Matt, but you still date him," Lola pointed out.

"I'm not sure what I see in him either," Megan joked. The other girls laughed as well. "But, let's move on to talk about a more interesting relationship. So, Lil, any more changes since Scorpius felt you up? Has he finally moved below the bra?"

Lily shook her head as she giggled. "Only you could word that so delicately."

"Don't ignore the question, though," Izzy teased.

Lily sighed as they began to climb the steps of the stands. "Not really, although he's much more confident about moving his hands beneath my shirt."

"What have you grabbed of his?" Megan mocked with a laugh.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Nice. And like I said, we haven't done much more since he felt me up. Excuse our slow pace."

"You're excused," Megan retorted with a grin.

"You know, you give Lily so much crap about how slow they move physically, but you haven't done as much as they have," Lola told Megan.

"I know that. I just like messing with her," Megan replied.

Lily laughed. "Well I enjoy the taunting."

"Over here, girls!" Tanner yelled out from the top of the stands. They trailed over there, moving between kids from other Houses that had come to watch. Lily noticed a big group of Gryffindors.

Lily moved to sit next to Scorpius, kissing his cheek. "They start yet?"

"Just getting ready to," Scorpius answered. "We gotta make sure Potter doesn't try to get back at Hugo and kick him off the team."

"Yeah, we'll call him out on it," Lars agreed. "That kid is good."

"Yeah, and was he kinda cool to hang out with the other night," Tanner commented. Lily smiled. The night of Slytherin tryouts, Hugo came down to the common room with them. And she was happy to see Hugo getting along with the guys from the team, and the others from Slytherin. He really did fit in with them.

Lola sighed as she looked down at where the Gryffindors were waiting for tryouts to begin. "Why couldn't we sit so that we can see them better?" she asked.

"Because when they start to fly, we don't have to tilt our heads up to see better," Scorpius replied.

"When are our practices going to begin?" Lance asked as Albus began to droll on about his expectations.

"As soon as possible," Scorpius told him. "But I have to wait before I book the pitch. Hufflepuff has yet to set a date for their tryouts. But I'm hoping for a schedule of three times a week."

"That sounds awesome," Lance replied.

"You're pretty eager this year, kid," Lars commented. "What's the deal?"