1

CH 1

Chapter 1 Cuifeng Village

"You Jin, went up the mountain again? Carrying such a heavy bamboo basket, are you not afraid of crush."

She was carrying a bamboo basket full of pig feed on her back when she heard someone call her. Yue You Jin, who initially had buried her head while walking, raised her head and greeted the woman by the roadside with a smile: "Fifth Shenzi."

Looking at her thin body, the middle-aged woman in her early thirties who called, Fifth Shenzi had a flash of heartbreak in her eyes. She said with distress, "Your grandmother sent you out to work again?"

Yue You Jin was already accustomed to villagers' eyes of pity and sympathy. She nodded with a smile: "Grandmother said that there was no more pig feed at home. This year's hopes are all on the few pigs, so they have to be treated well. Only then there be money for my mother to birth a little brother. "

"Yes, your mother’s stomach looks different from before. If it were a son, you sisters could have a better life ..." Thinking of the chaotic life at Yue Family, Fifth Shenzi sighed faintly. They were all unfortunate people!

"Fifth Shenzi, I won't talk anymore. When I came out, Grandma said that the pigs at home were almost jumping over the pigsty door, so I have to go back soon." Seeing that she had more to say, Yue You Jin hurriedly interrupted her. After saying that she walked forward toward home carrying the heavy bamboo basket.

Remembering that old Mrs. Chen treated each granddaughter crueler one after another, Fifth Shenzi didn't hold her back anymore. Looking at the tottering thin figure with a bamboo basket on her back, she sighed. This was an eleven-year-old girl and she looked like six or seven years old. The Yue Family ’s heart was really hard!

***

Turning from the village's main road to the intersection where Yue Family's home was located, there were few households away from the door of Yue Family's home. Yue You Jin saw several villagers standing at the door of her own home and were probing the situation inside. A sharp female voice that Yue You Jin heard for eleven years emerged in the courtyard: "It's just some money-wasting thing, still want to call a doctor? And also want japonica rice porridge?"

Accompanied by a sharp female voice, was also a thin cry of a little girl. And then a voice like a female duck sounded. It appeared to be comforting but instead actually fanning the fire: "Sister-in-law quickly make the children stop crying. The luck of the family is being cried away, that ... "

When she heard her say that, the owner of that sharp female voice was even more furious: "All day long only know to cry and eat. Try crying again, see if I will beat you money-wasting things to death!" The sound just ended, a powerful sound of a whip appeared.

The few little girls were beaten so badly but could only bite their chapped lips, and dare not make any more noise.

Hearing the movement at home, Yue You Jin hurried through the crowd, and pushed open the courtyard door with a gap: "Grandmother, I'm back!"

The old Mrs. Chen, who was vigorously beating, got interrupted became very unhappy and viciously glared over. But when she saw the villagers crowded outside as they peeked in, she was even more displeased and motioned for Mrs. Chen to close the gate.

While old Mrs. Chen wasn't paying attention, Yue You Jin rushed to stand in front of the huddle of beaten little girls, all in gray and fluttering clothes. She pretended to berate them, "You few, Sister just went out for a little while, and you made Grandmother angry again, didn't you? All of you go back to the room and kneel down!" Having her back toward everyone, she winked a few times at the second sister, Yue You Yin when nobody was watching.