88

Chapter 88 New Year & Letter from Third Aunt

Su Family had no relatives in Wuliqiao. So every New Year was a good time for the whole family to spend time together. But this year was a little different from last year.

Since the third day of the new year, there have been no fewer than five or six matchmakers who had come knocking the door to propose marriage. Their target was mainly the eldest daughter of Su Family: “Madam Su, I’m not boasting. This Liu Family have more than a hundred mus of fertile land. Although Gentleman Liu is only fifteen years old, he is a top-notch person! There is nothing bad to say about his character and appearance. Liu Family couple are both capable and kind people. Our eldest niece will definitely not be aggrieved after she gets married!"

Listening to the eloquent matchmaker boasting about Liu Family to the point of flowers appearing, Mrs. Su didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. Enduring the pain, she refused: "Thank you Elder Sister-in-law, our family’s daughter is young now and we still want to keep for another two years."

If it wasn't for You Jin forbidding her to setting marriage for her after coming back from He's house before the new year, how could Mrs. Su not be moved by the fifth matchmaker who came knocking?

Hearing Mrs. Su's refusal, the matchmaker invited by Liu Family didn't give up. She grasped Mrs. Su's hand with a smile and said with a concerned look: "Younger Sister Su, it's not me who is complimenting, but that Gentleman Liu is really wonderful. Paired with our eldest niece, she isn’t aggrieved. You must know that there are hundreds of mus of fertile land in the family. And there are long-term workers to take care of it. When my Eldest Niece marries over, she only needs to serve her in-laws well, take good care of Liu Family’s boy, and open branches and spread leaves for Liu Family. This is a blessing!"

Hearing what she said, Mrs. Su, who was initially a little bit excited, rest her thought. Her daughter was now served by maids and servants at home. If she marries into their Liu Family, she will be tortured by her parents-in-law, no? As soon as Mrs. Su thought about her own miserable experience back then, she rejected the matchmaker without hesitation: "Thank you Elder Sister-in-law for your kindness. Our family’s daughter is indeed still young. What’s more, our family can lack You Jin. Let's talk about it in a few years! "

Seeing that won’t budge no matter what, the matchmaker knew that she wouldn’t be able to earn this money. But thinking how Su Family had seven daughters besides the eldest daughter and that they would still have contacts in the future, she smilingly bidded goodbye. No longer pestering.

After seeing off the matchmaker, Mrs. Su finally heaved a sigh of relief: "I didn't know that it would be this tiring after the family’s daughter grows up!"

Auntie Song came up with tea. When she heard what she said, she jollily responded: "No matter whether it is character or appearance, our family’s Eldest Miss is the best. Besides, Madam think about the current situation of our family. Though we can't compare to the major household in the city of Luohe Prefecture, we can be ranked first out of all families outside the city!"

Who wouldn't want a rich and capable daughter-in-law?

"You're right. At this time last year, how could any matchmaker want to come to our door to propose marriage? They just came to propose when seeing our family's prosperity!"

Although Mrs. Su's temperament was weak, her brain wasn’t stupid. Since Auntie Song said this, she wrapped her mind around: "However, this marriage is still up to the children themselves as well as choosing a good husband's family!" Mrs. Su herself was forced to marry into Yue Family and encountered such a powerful mother-in-law again. Naturally she had lingering fears.