160

Chapter 160 Old Third problem

You Jin promised Mrs. Su to reason with You Zhu. But she was busy with things these few days, so it got delayed for a while. When he was almost done with the things at hand, it was a few days later.

After the Mid-Autumn Festival, the grass and trees gradually began to dwindle, while the ears of the grains were heavy. It looked like a golden sea from a distance. It was the harvest season.

Today was Su Family’s villa’s sickle starting day. All the members of Su Family went to Houjiawan to ‘reform through labor’. Even recently stable pregnant You Bao and eight months pregnant You Yin pleaded with family members. It was rare chance to follow out to enjoy the wind.

"These days go by so fast. Little Eighth is almost eight years old in a blink of an eye." Sitting in the shade of a tree outside the blue brick house by the lotus pond and feeling the cool autumn wind, You Yin caressed her already protruding belly. She watched the sisters not far away and her eyes narrowed with a smile.

Sitting next to her, You Bao also smiled and looked at her husband, who had never done any chores since birth, happily followed her second brother-in-law to the field to harvest crops. She cheerfully said: "I heard from Mother-in-law say children grow up at the slightest wind. When Second Elder Sister gives birth, I am afraid that there will be more emotion at that time!"

The two sisters were chatting one after another. The attendants and maidservants were keeping guard from afar and didn't come up to disturb with their madam.

As for Su Family's field. There was the addition of two son-in-laws, Han Li and Fourth Wei. Both wore fine chinese style cotton jackets and pants. They led Han Er Hua, who was already eleven years old, and Su Kang, who was almost eight years old. The four male neatly stood in a row, wielding a sickle to cut rice. The rest of them were all experienced workers. Only Fourth Wei was working in the fields for the first time in his life. So he was a little clumsy. Seeing Su Kang giggling: "So Third Brother-in-law has shortcoming too!”

Han Er Hua, who was on the right side of him, also grinned.

Wearing a big straw hat, Fourth Wei panted and wiped off the bean-sized beads of sweat that flowed from his forehead. His lips were a little dry. He smiled: "Each industry got their own specialties. I also can’t be good at everything." The backstory of today was that he heard his wife mention Su Family’s sickle starting day and wanted to come out to enjoy the wind after studying at home for so long.

Although he was sweating all over and his mouth was a little dry and the bamboo green cotton clothes had been soaked long ago, he felt refreshed and the stuffy air lingering around him was also cleared away. Comfort coursed all over his body .

Under the leadership of You Jin, the four younger sisters, including You Ling and You Luo, waved the sickle to cut rice from the other end. The sisters were all dressed in neat clothes. To prevent the hands from being rough, there was also a pair of deerskin gloves for each person. These were cheap.

"Eldest Sister, can I pick sweet-scented osmanthus after the rice is harvested?" Seven-year-old You Duan was at the age of playing. Before the rice was finished harvesting, her mind was on shaking the sweet-scented osmanthus.

You Jin looked at a nearly half line of rice and wiped the sweat from her forehead: "After harvesting the rice, go back and freshen up. Then go out after the high sun." Although it had already entered autumn, the name of the autumn tiger wasn't called in vain. Tthe sun was still blazing hot at noon.

As the sun was getting higher and higher, everyone in Su Family headed toward Su Family’s villa courtyard in Houjiawan. In the courtyard, the servants of Su Family had already prepared hot water and soap for the masters to wash up.