141

Chapter 141 Malice

The next day, He Family’s grownups weren't at home. He Xiao Ning had closed the room door to embroider her dowry. Lian Hua-er, who lived near the courtyard door, heard the door knock and came out to see that person. Fearing that she was here to borrow food again, she asked with a cold face: "What are you doing here?"

She knew this person. It wasn’t just her. Her family's reputation in Wuliqiao wasn't very good. In her twenties, she hadn’t married yet.

The visitor was Chen Xiao Hong, eldest daughter of old Third Chen's family. Chen Xiao Hong was over twenty years old but had been unable to get married. The reason was very simple. When many people hear that she was old Third Chen's daughter, they wouldn’t consider her at all.

As for those who don't care about their reputation and can't come up with dowry money, Eldest Brother would refuse to marry her off. In the course of time, she became a well-known spinster in Wuliqiao.

"Elder Sister-in-law, don't misunderstand. I'm not here to borrow food today." Chen Xiao Hong quickly halted the courtyard door that Lian Hua-er almost closed. Showing a slick smile, she approached closer: "I heard something connected to Elder Sister-in-law yesterday. After much deliberation, I felt that I shouldn't hide it from you. After all, you are a good person, Elder Sister. I really can't bear it. "

Hearing her talk so much, Lian Hua-er was a little impatient: "What exactly do you want to say?"

She didn't want to have any contact with this stinky person in patched hemp clothes. Her whole person stinks, what was there to get close to. The clothes on her body were made of fine cotton material with silk interlacing. What if it gets dirty?

Chen Xiao Hong suppressed the displeasure in her heart as she pretended that she couldn't see Lian Hua-er's disgusted gazes. Grinning, she spoke: "Elder Sister-in-law, I’m really thinking for your best. Why don't you let me in first?"

Although Lian Hua-er was a little unwilling, she took half a step back at her seriousness and let her into the yard.

***

As soon as Zhao Chun Hua came home today, she noticed the atmosphere at home was a little strange. No, to be more precise, Daughter-in-law’s attitude was a little strange.

Although Lian Hua-er didn't talk much in the past, she respected her. So why was her gaze vicious toward her today? Like she wanted to eat people?

"What's wrong with your Elder Sister-in-law? This gaze looks like she wants to eat people." After the meal, Mrs. Zhao carried little Ni Ni to He Xiao Ning's room to talk to her. After seeing that there was no one outside, she asked in a hushed voice: "Today has anyone been to the house?"

He Xiao Ning didn't understand what Mother meant. Still, she obediently replied: "I think that Elder Sister Xiao Hong from Third Uncle Chen's family came here in the afternoon."

Chen Xiao Hong, who wanted to stir up trouble behind the scene, didn't expect her whereabouts had been encountered by He Xiao Ning who was returning from going to the toilet: "However, she and Elder Sister-in-law were behind closed doors. I don't know what they said."

"Chen Xiao Hong?" Zhao Chun Hua didn't like Chen Xiao Hong, who can be regarded as having a bitter life. Being poor and having it hard wasn’t easy. However, Chen Xiao Hong, always wanted to borrow money from one family in the east and steal from the west. From time to time, she visits Su's house to swindle them.

That year, she really couldn't stand Chen Xiao Hong spreading rumors of Su Family killing old Third Chen. So she told the truth that old Third Chen was sentenced by the official for posing as a bandit and robbing.