150

Chapter 150 Arrangement at the Baiyun Temple

Sitting at the dining table with a pair of dark circles under eyes, Fourth Wei looked like he was about to die. This made Second Madam Wei very annoyed: "Since you love books so much, Mother will leave you be as it just happens that Su Family rejected. You can do whatever you want!"

"What Su Family? What was rejected?" Old Madam Wei sat at the top. When she heard the normally lively second daughter-in-law say this and saw that Fourth Grandson’s face had turned ugly, she interrupted and asked.

Speaking of this, Madam Wei felt aggrieved: "Father, Mother, you don't know, but Daughter-in-law had carefully selected a good girl for Fourth. It’s Su Family that runs the Erya Female Academy. Fourth Su is Daughter-in-law's student. Her character and temperament are top-notch. And this stinky boy! The fact that his whole heart is on studying has long spread far and wide. Su Family is afraid that their daughter would be aggrieved and refused!"

"Su Family of Erya Female Academy. I have heard people say that the Lin County Magistrate's gentleman married a female student of Erya Female Academy last month. From what I saw that day, her character and temperament are great. Her speech and action are quite decent." Old Madam Wei sat next to old Master Wei. When she heard her daughter-in-law mention this, she remembered a matter like this: "If this doesn't work out, then slowly look. As the mother, if you don’t worry about Fourth’s marriage, who would? You’re already a grandmother and still so childish. Aren’t you afraid of being laughed at by the children.”

Wei Family was prosperous in population. However, old Eldest and old Fourth were all officials in other places. Only old Second and old Third were in Luohe Prefecture. Every morning and evening, the whole family ate together. It was quite lively.

"Fourth Elder Brother, do you really look down on Fourth Miss of Su Family?" Sixth Wei, who was sitting next to Fourth Wei, opened his eyes wide: "It’s said that Fourth Su is quite famous in Erya Academy. Fourth Elder Brother can’t even set eyes on Fourth Su!"

Fourth Wei tightly grasped the spoon in his hand, not even knowing that his index finger turned white due to exertion. He hadn't heard what Grandmother and Younger Brother Cousin said. Only one sentence echoed in his heart: she refused, she refused , she refused...

Second Madam Wei looked at her son with half-closed eyelids and snorted coldly in her heart: Brat, you deserve it for being insincere!

"Grandson still has morning classes, so I’ll go first. Grandfather, Grandmother, take your time." Fourth Wei put down the spoon and fled before he finished half a bowl of japonica rice congee in the white porcelain bowl.

Recalling how she had been tossing around for so long and still didn't get any face from her son any face, Second Madam Wei was delighted at the sight of him losing composure. She even ate half a bowl more of congee for breakfast. Although she was very happy in her heart, she still had to consider son’s lifelong affairs. She can't really let him hold his classics and history collections all his life, right?

***

Wei's manor wasn't far from Fu Academy. Fourth‘s mind was in turmoil. So he simply walked over by himself, just to relax.

At the entrance of Jiazi Alley where the gate of Erya Female Academy was, two girls in lotus color clothes who looked exactly the same got out of the carriage with the help of the maid. But Fourth Wei recognized which one was in his dream for A few consecutive nights at a glance. All the depression in his heart dissipated immediately. His eyes were fixed straight at the girl ten feet away.

You Bao just got out of the carriage when she noticed a scorching gaze falling on her. She looked in the direction. That person's gaze didn't dodge. The eyes of the two intertwined like spark and flint, bursting out like hot and scorching fire.