93

Chapter 93 Chaxiang

Back to Luohe Prefecture. After receiving Scholar Zhou's letter, You Jin hastily sorted the affairs in hand. On the third day, she took Uncle Song, Qiao-er and the newly recruited driver, got on the newly bought horse carriage, and went south.

As the name suggests, Chaxiang made a living by growing tea. Compared with the tea gardens in Suzhou and Hangzhou, the tea leaves in Chaxiang were picked later. It had the difference between a clear day and rainy day.

You Jin had already visited Chaxiang in February; the time when spring tea was budding. It was impossible to buy suitable tea mountains. In addition, most people were used to growing tea by themselves. Unless there was an emergency that needed money, they wouldn’t think about selling the tea garden that the whole family depended on for survival. That was why You Jin stayed in Chaxiang for more than ten days and couldn't find a suitable tea garden. So she had to change her plan. She requested Scholar Zhou to look for a hill suitable for a tea plantation near Chaxiang and find a few experienced tea growers. She wanted to build a Su Family's tea garden in Chaxiang.

Although Scholar Zhou was a scholar, he knew that his talent was only to the level of Tongsheng. After passing the entrance examination of Tongsheng, he no longer focused on studying. He did some small business in Chaxiang area and had a wide range of connection. What You Jin entrusted him to do was done quickly.

"As Miss Su requested, here are all hills that are connected together. A total of 379 mu of hills. If tea trees are planted here, the cost of the saplings alone may be a large expenditure." Scholar Zhou took You Jin along the uneven mountain path one after the other. He introduced the situation of this tea mountain to her: "This tea mountain was originally an unowned wasteland. I had inquired with someone from Yamen. The land taxes and fees cost is one liang per mu of land.Do Miss Su have any thoughts of buying it?”

The price of buying barren hills was about the same. But the hill Scholar Zhou chose was in a very good location. Bypassing the hill in front of them was the official road. If she wants to transport tea in the future, it will be very cheap.

You Jin nodded slightly and asked, "Where is the water source?"

If there was no water source for the nearly 400-mu tea mountain, the irrigation of tea gardens will also be a big problem in the future.

"The source of water is just ahead. There are several springs in the hills. We just need to dig bigger ones and the water will be enough." Since Scholar Zhou was able to choose this place, he naturally went through many considerations.

The two walked around the mountain one after another with one asking and one answering. When they came down from the mountain, Uncle Song, who tagged behind his Eldest Miss, felt that his back was sweating profusely and was extremely hot. Seeing his Eldest Miss glowing with health and radiating vigor, Uncle Song couldn't help feeling that he was getting old. Seeing his master walking away again, he hastened to follow.

Scholar Zhou had acquaintances in Yamen. You Jin had made the decision to buy this land. Within two days, the red deed was exchanged and handed to You Jin. In addition, many part-time workers were found to start tidying up the tea mountain.

It took a lot of effort to tidy up the nearly 400-mu tea mountain. Still, Chaxiang’s nearby short term laborers had experience in sorting the tea mountain. Under the discussion of Scholar Zhou and You Jin, all the work was done in an orderly manner.

Scholar Zhou had already sourced the saplings needed for tea tree planting. As long as the tea mountain was sorted and the manure that had been retting the day before yesterday had been buried, the planting could be arranged.