26

Chapter 26. Wan Niang enter the door (part 2)

Mrs. Chen and the laying hen clucked throughout the whole world. She wished the whole world could know the news of second branch marrying another woman. No matter how naive You Yin was, she had seen the villagers set up the marriage room for marrying wife. On top of that, Eldest Aunt just said 'Your father is going to marry in another mother back'.

No matter how much she lied to herself, she deceive herself. Immediately, she ran back to the west wing with a sob. Before entering the door, she bumped into You Jin who came out of the room.

"What are you doing?" You Jin naturally heard Mrs. Chen's laughter sounding outside. So she came out to stop You Yin.

How could You Yin possibly care that much? She was already in tears when she looked at You Jin: "Third Elder Sister, did you already know? Did you?"

You Jin looked at her somewhat wild appearance and nodded slightly: "Yes, I overheard it with You Zhu outside the main room that day."

"No wonder You Zhu yelled at me like that that day. No wonder she was angry with me! No wonder!" You Yin didn't blame You Jin and You Zhu for hiding it from her. Instead, she blamed herself for having a glimmer of hope for her father. She had wanted to persuade You Zhu. That was why You Zhu was so mad that day!

You Jin took in You Yin who was overwhelmed by self-blame and grief to the point of crying aloud. She felt very distressed for this little sister who was weak and faint-hearted but owned a precocious and kind-hearted temper. She pulled the choked in tears You Yin into her embrace: "You Yin, it's not your mistake. It's not your fault. It's Yue Chang Lu. It's him who lied to Mother and you. It's his wrong, not your!"

The tearful You Yin was a little suspicious of herself. She stared at You Jin with unsure gaze: "Third Elder Sister, don't you and little Fifth blame me?"

"I don't blame you." You Jin's soft voice sounded in her ear, giving her a moment of peace to her flustered heart: "Quickly wipe away your tears. Don't let Mother know. She is currently pregnant. She can't take simulation."

This was also the reason why You Jin hid the truth and dare not let Mrs. Su know. Although she will know sooner or later, if she could know it one day later then it was one day.

However, in the inner room of the west wing, Mrs. Su, who You Jin thought was asleep, had heard the conversation between Mrs. Chen and the sisters. She laid on her side on the kang, wept silently while holding her slightly throbbing stomach. Only then did she clearly realized the real purpose of Yue Chang Lu's sudden considerate care these days and finally heart for him completely died. Even if her heart toward Yue Chang Lu was frozen, she couldn't let the few daughters worry about her anymore. She had to endure the grief in her heart and soothe her restless stomach.

In the west wing, mother and daughters each brew in their own depression. Although they didn't want others to distress. Still, it was hard to accomplish. All of them had a bitter smile on their faces. Compare with the excited Yue Chang Lu, the rest of West Wing's members was submerged into a thick cloud of sorrow.

***

No matter how sad the You Yin sisters were, they can't stop Wan Niang from entering the door.

On the sixth day of December, Yue Chang Lu hired a mule cart with a awning early to pick up Wan Niang from the small dilapidated house rented by Wan Niang in the town. He took each and every one of Wan Niang's belongings before going back to Cuifeng Village.

The mule cart was parked steadily at the door of Yue's house. Today's snow fell a lot. Still, it couldn't stop the eager hearts of the villagers who wanted gossip.