114

Chapter 114 The wind’s sudden rise

The 300,000 soldiers from northern Xinjiang led by General Liu Wei drove Northern Ethnic all the way back to the border of Dafeng. Northern Ethnic received vital damage. While Dafeng had intention for a truce. In the end, the two sides reached the negotiation condition of 5,000 quality horses and one hundred thousand liang’s worth of rare treasures tribute from Northern Ethnic. A battle that started from snatching after heavy snow in the north was finally won under the leadership of General Liu Wei.

The good news of General Liu Wei's continuous battles repeatedly came back one after another. Luohe Prefecture, which had been mobilized with horses and soldiers in the earlier stage and deserted of people, finally returned to its former prosperity. Sujiaxiang's business gradually returned to normal level. While Sujiami was intensively continuing to prepare. Everything in Luohe Prefecture was developing in a good direction.

In March, the spring breeze was warm.

Fulfilling what she said that day, You Jin took You Zhu, Mrs. Han and You He's husband, Liu Zhuo Ting, to Chaxiang to pick up people. Unexpectedly, those few little ones had a great time in Chaxiang. Every morning, they went up to the mountain to pick tea with the tea farmers in the tea garden. Even the most calm-tempered You Bao and You Luo became a lot more cheerful.

"You've been playing here for more than a month. Still reluctant to go back?" You Jin jollily held You Duan's hand and walked down the tea mountain slowly. Following them was Su Family’s group of girls. As for Kang-er, he had long run off with Han Er Hua.

Su Family’s tea mountains were promising this year. Because the tea mountains were too large and there were many tea trees, there were too many tea trees to be picked before pure brightness. Under the management of Han Li and Song Hua and the consent of Mrs. Su, most of Su Family’s servants were sent to the field. Then many long-term and short-time workers were hired to pick tea leaves. For a while, the tea mountain was very lively.

Mrs. Su, You He and Yu Lan were sitting and chatting in Su Family's house at the foot of the tea mountain. Seeing Eldest Daughter returning with the children, she put down the work and greeted them with a smile: "You came back early today."

During the time in Chaxiang, Mrs. Su would receive letters from Eldest Daughter reporting safety every few days. When she really appeared in front of her eyes yesterday, Mrs. Su's heart settled back in place.

"The sun is a bit strong today. Afraid of getting dizzy after a long exposure, I brought them back." You Jin had a faint smile on her face. She took off the back-basket on her back and turned to the group of little ones: "Quickly go in to freshen up. If you have to go to class, go to class. Once we get back to Luohe Prefecture, I will check everyone one by one. If anyone is rusty, I will punish you."

Hearing that Eldest Sister said that she would check their homework, the little girls showed expressions of disbelief and shock on their faces. They all wailed: "Eldest Sister! Don't do this!"

"This isn't negotiable. Go!" She patted little Seventh's head, whose face was wrinkled into a bun and amusedly said. Then she signaled to the family’s servant womed to take them down to freshen up. Then she informed Mrs. Su before heading to the kitchen with the basket. She picked a lot of fresh and tender tea tree mushrooms today. Another dish can be added to lunch.

The female cook here in Chaxiang were also excellent. They excelled at using existing ingredients to make food, such as roasted chicken with tea leaves, stir-fried young leaves and other dishes. The female cook was working away in the kitchen when she saw Eldest Miss coming in with a half-basket of tea tree mushrooms. She cheerfully took it. Glancing at it, she happily remarked: "The tea tree mushrooms picked by Eldest Miss are fresh. How about adding a dish of fried tea tree mushrooms?" This cook was new to Su Family, so it goes without saying she didn't know that Su Family also came out of hard times. She only felt that this Eldest Miss looks dignified and majestic and delicately raised from a young age. It would never come to her that she be hands-on. It was quite novel.