76

Chapter 76 Ganef’s bad start

The fact that Su Family opened a snack shop in Luohe Prefecture can’t be hidden from the villagers of Wuliqiao. Most people were just envious of Su Family's situation. But when it came to stealing and robbing, ordinary people really can't do it .

But there was always someone who dared.

Ever since old Third Chen tricked a few silver liang from those outsider canal workers, he really lived a nourishing period of time. However, old Third Chen was a qualified rascal, who enjoyed their food, drink, prostitute, and gamble. For other people, those few silver liang may be enough for the whole family to chew on for a whole year. While in old Third Chen’s hand, it was already spent before the New Year celebration ended.

The days without money in hand were too difficult. Old Third Chen and his cronies made a plan. They set their sight on the west side of the river’s Su Familyr: "Su Family is all old and weak, women and children. As for those dogs guarding the house. let’s get some rat medicine and give the dogs some medicine first. Then we’re going to get the money and the shop!” After a pause, he continued: “Let’s not mention Su Family’s other things, just the snack shop opened in Luohe Prefecture can earn at least more than a dozen liang a day at least!"

As soon as old Third Chen finished speaking, the others were all red-eyed. Earning more than ten silver liang a day! What was this concept? These people had never spent more than ten silver liang in their lives! "Deal! Third Elder Brother, just say what we need to do, us brothers all listen to you!"

So on the day when Su Family all went to Luohe Prefecture to spend the Lantern Festival, old Third Chen and the others had already tried it once. Unfortunately, just as they climbed over the fence, they were discovered by the guarding dog. They rushed to the bottom of the wall and barked at old Third Chen and others.

Looking at the big dog with thick fangs and already half a person's height, old Third Chen was so frightened that his legs went limp and his hands kept shaking. He took out a few pieces of meat bones covered in rat poison from the bag he had prepared in advance and threw them down: "Good dog, good dog, eat some meaty bone!"

However, Su Family's dogs were all carefully trained by You Jin. How could they possibly eat the bones thrown by old Third Chen? Not a glance was spared to the fleshy bones that were on the ground. They all eagerly jumped up to get a bite out of old Third Chen and the others.

"Third Elder Brother, what, what's going on here?" All the people straddling the wall were so frightened that their legs were limp. Looking at the big dog below, they only felt chills on their backs: "If they keep barking like this, it’ll attract people’s attention!" Su’s house was only a few hundred meters away from the canal worker dormitory. So if this stirred into a big mess, it was possible for someone there to find out.

In a dilemma, old Third Chen had a very ugly expression on his face and viciously spat: "It's bad luck today. Let’s come back next time!"

After saying that, he led the few people down the fence and took advantage of the night to quietly go back to the east of the river. The story of being nearly ransacked just silently turned the page.

It was the early morning of the next day, when You Jin saw a few pieces of meaty bones by the wall and a dead mouse that was foaming at the mouth on the bottom of the wall. She felt it was a little strange. When she asked Mrs. Su, Mrs. Su said that it wasn't someone from the family who poisoned the mouse. Suspicious, You Jin led Xiao Hei out of the yard. Sure enough, she found a few different size of adult men’s footprint by the bottom of the wall behind the west wing.

You Jin's heart sank. Now it reached this point, she didn't need to use her brain to know that there were ganefs who wanted to sneak into the house last night to steal. However, You Jin didn't tell Mrs. Su Family and the others about this. Instead, she called Han Li and his brothers over to live in the east wing of Su’s house. From then on, Han Li had the additional task of night watch every night.