140

Chapter 140. Have heart

Back to Madam Qin. Initially, she felt a little complacent for pushing away Sy Family’s troublesome matter. Unforeseen, she was slapped in the face so quickly. The little-known Su Family actually invited old Madam Liu to be the academy head.

After Magistrate Qin found out about this, there was a slight feeling of blaming her for slow movement and resulted in Liu Family getting the benefit: "Nowadays in Luohe Prefecture, who doesn't know Erya Female Academy? Who doesn't know Erya Female Academy’s academy head is old Madam Liu of Liu Family? Now Liu Family is in the limelight in Luohe Prefecture for a while."

Madam Qin glanced at her family’s master with inexplicable guilt. She didn't even dare to tell him that Su Family invited her to be the academy head first and she felt it was too risky and rejected it. Madam Qin, whose lips were slightly dry, picked up the cup and took a sip. She didn’t know what to say for a while.

"Forget it. Since we missed the position of the academy head, there’s the deputy head. I remember that Su Family’s lass had dropped by to visit you this spring? Come to think of it, she will give you face." Official Qin’s unintentional remark made Madam Qin even more guilty. Back in spring, Su Family’s lass came knocking to find her. It was to ask her to be the academy head!

Seeing his wife not answering for a long time, Official Qin was a little displeased: "What do you think, Madam?"

"What Master says is right. It's just that Su Family’s lass and I haven’t been in contact for a good few months. To suddenly..." Madam Qin came back to her senses. Thinking how she was going to pull down her face to beg Su Family's lass, she was a bit vexed. It was always others holding her high. But now she had to plead with someone. Where does her face go then?

"Madam, please think about it for your husband. Now that we lost the head start to Liu Family and Liu Family occupies the limelight, how will I gain a foothold in Luohe Prefecture in the future?" Thinking of Liu Zhi Chuan's proud face, Official Qin felt that he couldn't swallow this breath. Liu Zhi Chuan, had a good younger brother and a good younger sister. But they were both on the same level. Why did Liu Zhi Chuan suppress him in everything?

Madam Qin knew that her family's master and Liu Family were butt heads in private. Although her own face was important, it couldn't win over Master's face. So she nodded and agreed hesitantly.

After sending off the contented Official Qin, Madam Qin who was standing on the porch looked at the somewhat tall sky. She couldn't help muttering to herself: "Could it be that I was wrong?"

Her personal attendant didn’t dare to speak. Can anyone tell her how to move this useless chess peice?

***

You Jin received Madam Qin's letter when she took their family’s children to Houjiawan for a walk.

"Invite me to admire chrysanthemums?" You Jin looked at the beautiful handwriting on the letter and couldn't help but feel a little puzzled. It seemed that they hadn't seen each other for half a year since Madam Qin clearly rejected her invitation. Why did she suddenly think of sending her a letter?

Yue Wen Sheng, who was also sitting in the parlor, heard about this and recalled the gossip he heard from his classmates that day. So he spoke out, "Could it be because of Erya Female Academy?"

Yue Wen Sheng won the 37th place in the spring examination and was currently studying as a Tongsheng in Luohe Prefecture Fu Academy.

"Why do you say that?" Hearing Yue Wen Sheng's words, You Jin became a little curious. This younger cousin brother was mature for his age. How could he still know these gossips? What’s more, it was gossip about Erya Female Academy. This made it even more interesting.