83

Chapter 83 Watermelon

Xiao Lin Yu knew about Youngest Brother's ‘bad’ behavior, but he didn't pay much attention to it at first. But after less than half a month, he realized that Youngest Brother had already gotten plumper: "Lin Feng, it’s less than half a month. How did you gain so much weight?"

The initially handsome young man with sharp edges and corners now had a rounded face. He took a bite of a piece of red bean cake newly developed by Su Family and squinted his eyes in delight: "If it weren't for Eldest Brother being busy with general affairs every day, we should go to Su’s house to eat together."

The red bean cake newly created by Su Family was really delicious. Cool, sweet, and delicious. A small plate of cakes was only four or five pieces. He finished them in a few bites.

When Xiao Lin Yu heard Youngest Brother's hate-garnering words, he couldn't help feeling envious that Youngest Brother could live as he wanted. As the eldest grandson of Xiao Family, he shouldered the future of Xiao Family. From his birth, he was destined to not have a happy childhood like others. Let alone now, right?

Smiling, he patted Youngest Brother's head and spoke, "Eldest Brother can't leave. It’s not that you can’t go to Su's house for meals. You must remember not to cause trouble to Su Family, understand?"

In fact, for a moment, Xiao Lin Yu wanted to nod and eat and drink with Youngest Brother. It was just a fleeting thought though.

Xiao Lin Feng sympathetically looked at him when he thought that there were so many delicious things in Su’s house that Eldest Brother couldn't eat it. Then hurriedly held up the last piece of red bean cake left in the delicate small plate: "Eldest Brother, try it. The new cakes made by Su Family’s lass aren’t bad."

This was a pastry specially made by Su Family for Xiao Lin Feng to eat. Naturally, they all use the best ingredients that they can afford. With Mrs. Su's skills, it was flawless.

Xiao Lin Feng smilingly picked up the last piece of red bean cake and put it in his mouth. The aroma of red beans mingled with the aroma of sweet-scented osmanthus. The cool texture was really novel and delicious. He nodded in agreement: "It's really good."

Thinking of those pretty eyes that always curved up slightly and the grin that was always on the lass’s face, Xiao Lin Yu couldn't help but wonder what kind of family raised such a witty and courageous girl.

Seeing that Eldest Brother really liked it, Xiao Lin Feng clapped his hands and decided: "Su Family’s lass said that something hibiscus cakes will be made tomorrow. I will ask her to make more and bring them back for Eldest Brother to try!"

Xiao Lin Feng knew Eldest Brother didn’t have it easy. Although he was a little rowdy sometimes, most of the time he was still very sensible and considerate.

The canal digging project had been going on for nearly a year. Due to the Emperor’s decree to speed up the process, Xiao Family’s Second Uncle, one of the leaders of the water conservancy project, naturally took on this task. Xiao Lin Yu also had honor and rank. He had donated a nominal job to the imperial court. So, it was very convenient to travel outside. That was why he came to Luohe Prefecture to supervise the work instead of the Xiao Family’s Second Uncle.

The digging distance of the canal in Luohe Prefecture wasn’t too long. only 25km. In addition, both ends were dug together. Although it had only been less than a year, a lot of manpower and material resources had been invested. The process was considered to be fast. At the current speed, it was estimated that the two ends can be connected this winter. Once the ice and snow melt in the spring of next year, it can be put into use.