129

Chapter 129 Sujiayan (2)

Xiao Lin Feng and Xiao Lin Wen's arrival in Luohe Prefecture was only known to Xiao Family, Mrs. Su, and You Jin. Although Xiao Family had now been spared from execution, Xiao Hai Ru brothers were still in exile. So Xiao Lin Feng and Xiao Lin Feng were still fugitives. If their whereabouts got exposed, not only they will be finished, but also Su Family who harbored the criminals will be finished. This matter must be kept a secret. Not a whiff of it was to be leaked out.

Although Xiao Lin Feng was muddled-headed, he also knew that the matter was of great importance. After confirming that his family members were still safe, they stealthily left on a snowy night before the end of the year.

"With this farewell, I don't know when I will be able to fulfill my filial piety to Mother again. Please take care of yourself!" Before departure, Xiao Lin Feng knelt heavily in the snow and knocked his head three times. His eyes reddened, but he still held it back. As if he had grown up overnight, the youth bidded farewell to his family and took a deep look at his family who were also holding back tears. He hopped on the horse and led his younger cousin brother and four-five guards out of Luohe Prefecture.

With tears in her eyes, Mrs. Yu watched the back of the cloak blown high by the night wind as it gradually disappeared into the dark night. She was heartbroken. She only had this son. But for his future life, not only the mother and son couldn’t be reunited, but Son also had to change his name and surname from now on. This way, their Xiao Family bloodline can continue.

"It's windy outside. I’ll support Auntie in." Although You Jin was thin, she was much stronger than the average woman. Almost all of Mrs. Yu's body weight was on her and they can steadily walk away. Over at this side, Xiao Lin Ru supported Mrs. Zhao. The four of them returned to the warm room and drank another cup of steaming soup to warm up.

Knowing that Youngest Son was doing well and You Jin had entrusted someone to take care Northern Xinjiang’s side, Mrs. Yu felt that everything she cared about had been settled. Even though Eldest Son’s bones weren't found, You Jin had used the Jade Hairpin he had given to You Jin as a keepsake and put it in a tomb erected in the bamboo grove not far from Su Family’s courtyard. All this was thanks to Su Family’s kindness. So she put her whole heart in Sujiayan. From where to buy a plum blossom, a clump of green bamboo, to the cups for drinking tea and drinking alcohol, she dedicated herself to everything. For the opening of Sujiayan, she really did her best and personally handled everything.

The fifteenth day of the first month was the Lantern Festival.

Although it was still a bit cold in early spring, on this day, they had a rare good weather.

"A few days ago it was raining and snowing. It was freezing. Unexpectedly, the sun rose today. It's a good day." Sitting beside Mrs. Su, Mrs. Yu cheerfully had a chat with her, in order to relieve Mrs. Su’s tensions.

Today was the royal chef’s successor, Mrs. Su’s first time revealing her skills. Her heart was pounding like a drum. Her hands under the wide and warm cloak were tightly entangled like a knot. She was extremely nervous. Even when Mrs. Yu chatted with her, she half-heartedly listened.

At this side, three carriages drove Su Family to Luohe Prefecture. At Sujiayan in Luohe Prefecture, the male wore bamboo green, while the female wore lotus root purple narrow-sleeved jackets and trousers of the same color. The three characters ‘Sujiayan’ were neatly embroidered on the left of the jacket. Everyone was in an orderly manner, busy with their duties, arranging, and tidying up. It will be officially opened when the auspicious time arrives.

Third Master Huang was a well-known gourmet in Luohe Prefecture. It went without saying naturally had his own contacts. Before Sujiayan opened, You Jin hadn't thought of this. It was Third Master Huang who came knocking first and suggested a good idea: "We can hold an opening banquet. I’m not talented, but I can be regarded as a little successful gourmet. All the famous gourmets in Luohe Prefecture can be invited. With Madam's skills, it shouldn't be difficult to conquer these old gourmets. With their endorsement, Sujiayan will definitely become a hit."