120

Chapter 120 Night Visit to the Imperial Prison

Although You Jin was busy taking care of the patients at home, You Jin wasn't isolated at home and never stepped out of the door. After a month of running around with Leader Guard Xiao, she finally got through with a petty official in the prison. The other party accepted one thousand liang silver and was willing to let them in for an hour at night when no one was around.

"Since Eldest Young Master had been sentenced to be executed after autumn and it’s related to General Han's treason case, it goes without saying the supervision is stricter. Subordinate could grasp this opportunity only because money moved people." Leader Guard Xiao cupped his hands and said to You Jin: "But the petty official says that he can only bring one person in. Miss, do you want to go by yourself?"

You Jin sighed. She raised her head slightly and looked above the small courtyard. The bright moon had gradually rounded up. After a long silence, she slowly uttered: "I will inform Xiao Family’s Madam about this tomorrow and let her decide."

There was only some unexplainable affection between her and Xiao Lin Yu. Mrs. Yu was the one who gave birth to him and raised him for more than ten or twenty years. Emotionally and rationally, she should let Mrs. Yu go to see her son for the final time.

Leader Guard Xiao's gaze was a little obscure. He looked up at Eldest Miss before lowering his head and said nothing.

Early in the next morning. Early summer’s morning were still somewhat cool. After breakfast, Mrs. Yu, who was already in good spirits, took Xiao Lin Ru to sit on the porch. As they enjoyed the refreshing cool draft, they did embroidery work. The two of them weren’t as luxuriously dressed as before. From a distance, one would assume they were the female relatives of ordinary wealthy families. The atmosphere was a bit quiet and peaceful.

"You Jin, you came." Since Mrs. Yu apologized to You Jin last time, the knot between the two had been resolved. Mrs. Yu's prejudice against her had disappeared long ago. Now the two got along very well.

Upon her arrival, Xiao Lin Ru pulled her to sit down and cheerfully said, "You are free today. We haven't talked for a while. Today is perfect timing."

You Jin merrily responded: "Since Elder Sister doesn't find me noisy, I'm naturally willing to chat with Elder Sister. First, I'll talk with Madam. I'll find you later."

"I thought you specially came for me. Never thought you were looking for Eldest Aunt." Xiao Lin Ru smiled until the dimples on her face were faintly visible. Quite a delicate, pretty sight. Standing up, she spoke: "It's just happen that I should go and check if the medicine for old Ancestor and Mother is ready."

Mrs. Zhao's body was weak, while Mrs. Song's recovery was slow due to old age. Right now, only the two still need to consume medicine.

Mrs. Yu looked at You Jin with some confusion: "What do you need to speak to me about? And deliberately made Lin Ru leave?"

Now that they stayed at home, what else can they do?

Sitting beside Mrs. Yu, You Jin lowered her voice: "Madam, this matter is of great importance. Don't blame me for being cautious."

Seeing her like this, Mrs. Yu had a vague guess in her heart, but didn't dare to confirm it. She hurriedly got a little closer, for fear that she might have missed the news.

"We got through with a petty official in the imperial prison. He is willing to take us into the imperial prison, but only for one hour." You Jin's deliberately whispered but her words clearly fell into Mrs. Yu's ears like thunder striking her body and mind. The smile on her face froze at some unknown point. Her beautiful eyes that were looking at You Jin had already been soaked with tears. She could only watch her silently. Unable to say anything as her emotions were stirred up.