59

Chapter 59. The recipe

After entering Yunweixuan, Second Master Huang, who hadn't been seen for a while, was standing guard at the stairs. Upon You Jin’s arrival, he clapped his hands and said, "It turns out to be Su Family’s lass!"

When his family’s master came and said that someone was coming over for a discussion, Second Master Huang was tremblingly staying guard at the stairs out of fear of neglecting Master’s distinguished guest. Who would have thought that Xiao Family’s two servants would bring over an old acquaintance, Su Family’s lass.

You Jin merrily bowed to Second Master Huang, "Second Master, I haven't seen you for a few days. Your complexion is even more rosy!"

"Lass, you haven't come here for a while. I heard that you are famous for selling sour plum soup at the entrance of the market. Why didn't you bring me a bowl when you came here?" Second Master Huang had been in Luohe Prefecture for so many years. Naturally, he has his own connections. Although he didn't take a fancy to Su Family's small profits, Second Master Huang was naturally discerning when it comes to delicious food.

While the two were talking, Second Master Huang led her to the private room on the second floor. You Jin smiled and said nothing. However, she was guessing in her heart what the origin of Xiao Family was. It seemed they weren’t ordinary people.

When they were almost at the door of the private room, Second Master Huang withdrew his smile and respectfully knocked on the closed door three times: "Master, the lass from Su Family has arrived."

"Come in." A very clean and pleasant voice came from the room. Only then, Second Master Huang slightly opened the door on the right: "Su Family’s lass, go in."

You Jin nodded slightly and gave thanks. After stepping over the threshold and entering, Second Master Huang closed the door from the outside.

"Miss Su, please sit down." Passing around the agarwood screen at the door, she finally saw the person who arranged to meet her here today. He turned out to be about eighteen or nineteen years old, wearing a bamboo green gown embroidered with cloud patterns. There was a gentle smile and warmth in his starry eyes. The plumpness was just right. A gentleman with unblemished and vermilion lips that carried faint mirth.

It was the first time for You Jin to see such a good-looking man. She couldn't help but take a second look. Xiao Lin Feng who was wearing a flamboyant scarlet gown beside him, was a little unhappy: "Little lass, don't just look at my eldest brother ah!"

Being exposed on the spot, You Jin blushed. She showed an apologetic smile to Xiao Lin Yu in embarrassment before glaring at the formerly white horse riding youth with flirty air. In fact, she saw Xiao Lin Feng as soon as she came in. Not at all a seductive beauty. What was there to see with his seedling radish?

Xiao Lin Yu acted as if he hadn’t noticed the brow exchange between the two children and poured a cup of tea for You Jin with a smile: "Miss Su, please sit down."

You Jin didn't learn the etiquette of a major household’s miss. She just cupped her hands and said: "Thank you, Gentleman."

Then she sat down politely: "I don't know why Gentleman called me here?"

Looking at the little girl who was neither humble nor overbearing, Xiao Lin Yu felt inexplicably appreciative of her. And because she saved Lin Feng last time, he liked her even more: "Last time Lin Feng caused trouble and Miss’s action was of great help. I thank you, Miss."

"It was clearly me who saved her, okay?" On the side, Xiao Lin Feng disgruntled hollered at Eldest Brother who was ‘twisting the facts’.

Xiao Lin Yu raised his eyes to look at his younger brother and amusedly spoke: "You don't even know how to fight, how can you save people?"