104

Chapter 104 Restless News

"Long time no see, Third Master had become more and more blessed." You Jin respectfully bowed to Third Master Huang when she saw him.

"Su Family’s lass, long time no see. You have grown up a lot." Third Master Huang had just returned from the capital and had just recovered from the fatigue of the journey when he heard Su Family’s lass came to look for him. He hurriedly asked the people below to bring her to the wing room on the second floor, "You are well informed. I have only been back for two days and you came knocking."

Needless to say, Third Master Huang knew that the owner’s family’s eldest and youngest young master were on good terms with Su Family’s lass. In addition, he personally witnessed Su Family make a fortune under the leadership of the little girl in front of him. He couldn't help but look highly upon Su Family’s lass.

You Jin sat at the lower end. With a slight smile on her face, she spoke: "Third Master's words make me embarrassed. The main reason I came to bother you today is because I know Third Master is well-informed from your travels. I want to inquire about some news with Third Master."

You Jin didn't beat around the bush and went straight to the point.

Although Su Family mainly relied on snack shops for their livelihood, they still grew a lot of vegetables on most days. In winter, they had supply Yunweixuan with rare fresh vegetables: bean sprouts and bean seedlings. She had always maintained a good relationship with Third Master Huang. It wasn’t the first time that You Jin had asked him for information.

Third Master Huang put down his teacup, and replied: "I'm almost becoming a nosy parker. Tell me, what news do you want to inquire about this time?"

Although Su Family’s little girl liked to ask him for information, Third Master Huang didn't keep it private and told her everything he knew.

In fact, Third Master Huang had always admired this little girl. She dared to think and do. If he had a son in his family, he would marry in this little girl home as his daughter-in-law. With such a daughter-in-law, would he be afraid that their family will not be able to get better each generation? Thinking how he only had three daughters, Third Master Huang could only sigh silently.

"I heard a few days ago that the north is about to start a war?" You Jin had been anxious since hearing the news a few days ago. Although Luohe Prefecture wasn’t close to the border, if the northern border was broken through, the iron cavalry would be able to attack Luohe Prefecture in half a month. By that time, whether the dozens of members of her Su family would be able to keep their lives was another matter. You Jin was born in the army in her previous life, so she naturally knew how cruel war is.

Hearing Su Family’s lass bringing up such an explosive topic, Third Master Huang was a little startled and coughed a few times. Once his breathing eased up: "I just received the news not long ago too. It's not a large-scale one. The war is just a few small battles where guerrillas robbed supplies on the border. This year, there was a severe drought in the north in spring and summer. There weren’t many crops from the start as they were completely killed by the drought. Since winter, there have been continuous long snow falls. You know that the nomads in the north raise cattle, sheep and horses. Many of their animals died of freezing temperatures! Since there weren’t enough rations, they’ll naturally set their eyes on the people on the border of Dafeng."

Though he said that, Third Master Huang still looked worried. What was unspoken was that he was also afraid of a war breaking out. Luohe Prefecture was located in the north of Dafeng with abundant products and an important pass. It would naturally be one of the main targets of the enemy army.