57

Chapter 57. Foolish guy with lots of money

Song Yan grew up under Xiao Family’s firm and fair house management. He had never done anything like forced transactions. How can he withstand others' remarks of him? His fair little face was already flushed with embarrassment. However, the task entrusted to him by Young Master wasn’t completed. If he doesn't die, he would have to lose a layer of skin when he goes back! So he had to bite the bullet and ask for it.

You Jin was also in a bit of a dilemma. Although it would be a pity to miss out on such a big business, it would be a bit of a loss to offend the main source of customers for a single big business. So she took a step back: "Brother, how about this? I’ll sell you a jar today and you give me the address. I’ll send you a barrel early in the morning tomorrow?”

Seeing her like this, Song Yan had no other choice but to buy a small jar and go back to satisfy the young master's cravings first: "Little girl, then you must deliver it to me tomorrow. Send it to the household in Yuqian Alley on the East side. "

"Okay! Brother, take it easy. I'll send it over in the morning." You Jin swiftly filled up a jar of sour plum soup. Including the jar, she charged him a total of twenty-five wen for the sour plum soup. She jollily bidded Song Yan goodbye.

The customers in the back also drank Su Family's sour plum soup, which was called the best in Luohe Prefecture. All were quite satisfied: "Su Family’s lass, your business is getting bigger and bigger!"

"Because of everyone's help on a daily basis, we can earn a small amount of money. How can it be considered a big business?" You Jin scooped up the last bowl of sour plum soup in the wooden barrel and smilingly handed it to the last guest.

Although You Jin said it like this, You Jin was calculating when she would set up a small storefront. In summer, they could sell some heat-reducing food. In the winter, they could sell some noodles and steamed buns. It will be better than farming.

But right now, there were two obstacles to opening a shop. One was that there was no money. The family’s money was currently kept by You Jin. The sum on hand was only three to forty liang. In Luohe Prefecture, the annual rental price of storefronts with better locations were at least a few dozen liang. It was really unaffordable. Second, there was no manpower. Su Family currently consisted of old, weak, women, and children. The best cook, Mrs. Su wasn’t in good health. On top of that, there were two babies who were still in their infancy. How can she free her hands to devote into cooking?

So she can only think about this idea. For now, sell sour plum soup with peace of mind. Once the money is gathered, plans can be made then!

After selling the sour plum soup, it was home time. You Jin trio first busied away on making the sour plum soup that will be sold tomorrow. The three sisters had learned how to make sour plum soup from Mrs. Su. Mrs. Su had it a lot easier now.

After making the sour plum soup and the sun wasn’t that blazing, You Jin went to the mountain alone with a basket on her back to find traces of licorice. Licorice was an indispensable ingredient for making sour plum soup. In order to save money, the licorice Su Family used was all dug from the mountain.

You Yin and You Zhu were at home helping Mrs. Su to prepare the pastries that will be sold tomorrow. Su Family’s pastries were easy to sell now. They were sweet and soft. On top of that, the price was more than half cheaper than that of snack shops. That was why they sold out in half an hour.

Mrs. Su skillfully kneaded the dough. A faint smile was on the corner of her mouth. She never dared to dream of the current lifestyle. In the past at Yue's house, it wasn't that she didn't show off her skills. She had cooked delicious dishes to please old Mrs. Chen's liking. At the beginning, it worked. But once she couldn't bear any sons and only daughters one after another, she was blamed for wasting food at home. It was really unbearable to recall.