91

Chapter 91 You He's Marriage (part 2)

The second day of May was suitable for getting married.

Su Family's marrying off daughter banquet was arranged at noon. Along with it, was the dowry parading. However, Su Family didn’t have many relatives and friends in Wuliqiao. Only five-six tables were set up for a little liveliness.

Today's main star, You He, had been prepped by the matron of honor long ago. Wearing heavy makeup, her appearance was very different from her usual simple and elegant appearance. Still, she was extremely beautiful. Her pair of watery red phoenix eyes was full of joy and shyness. Su Family’s little girls couldn't keep their eyes away: "Elder Sister You He is so beautiful today!"

"Alright, alright, girls, Liu Family's wedding procession is coming soon. Girls, quickly halt them!" The matron of honor jollily walked in and coaxed everyone out. Afterward, she served the glutinous rice balls to You He: "Bride, have something to eat first. If not, you’ll starve."

You He accepted the glutinous rice balls brought by the matron of honor. She took a few mouthfuls before putting them down. Hearing the sound of gongs and drums getting closer outside, she was both nervous and excited.

From the start, Liu Zhuo Ting was handsome. Today, he was wearing a red gown. Due to passing a minor examination, his face was full of joy. Appearance-wise, he was very suitable for You He. But at this moment, Su Family’s son-in-law was stopped by his little sister-in-laws outside the door: "If you want to marry Elder Sister You He, you have to pass our test first!"

The matron of honor invited by Liu Family hurried forward. She handed out sweets and spoke pretty words. Su Family’s sisters halted them for a good while before letting them go under You Jin's signal. The new son-in-law entered the house.

Standing outside You He's boudoir, Liu Zhuo Ting's face flushed. Still, he shouted loudly according to the custom: "Wife, Husband is here to pick you up!"

Hearing the shout from outside, the matron of honor put the nearby red veil with mandarin duck playing with water design on You He's head. The door of the bride's boudoir opened with a creak after the groom shouted the third time. The bride with her head covered came out: "The bride is coming out!"

Taking the end of the red ribbon that the matron of honor handed over, Liu Zhuo Ting stood beside You He and firmly held her: "Don't be afraid."

You He, who was initially nervous, relaxed a lot when she heard what he said. She didn't know where she was going and just followed the footsteps of her future husband. Under the support of Sister-in-law Ge and Chun Hua, she bowed farewell to Mrs. Su. After leaving the gate of Su Family, she boarded the wedding procession’s bridal sedan chairs. lAccompanied by the sound of firecrackers and joy for a long time, they left Wuliqiao and headed for the city of Luohe Prefecture.

Standing outside the gate, Mrs. Su watched the wedding procession heading to the distance and felt a little s for some reason, Mrs. Su felt a little sense of loss: "In the future, she will be the daughter-in-law of another family. Don't know if Liu Family can treat her well?"

This was just marrying off her niece. How sad will she be when it comes to her daughters in the future?

You Jin, who was snuggling beside Mrs. Su, said in a low voice: "Our two families lived close, so Elder Sister You He won't be wronged."

To put it bluntly, as long as the maternal family was tough enough, Liu Family will never dare to bully You He.

***

Backt to Liu Family. Seeing Su Family's dowry being carried into the house one after another and the bride was followed by two servant-like people in light red clothes, they felt a little uneasy. They feared that the bride was spoiled and the family will be in chaos from now on.