45

Chapter 45. Sell fish

Early the next morning, when the three women head to the field, they deliberately detour to the door of Su Family's house. Each carried half a basket of potatoes, cabbage, and the likes. They stood at the door of Su Family's house and looked at each other. They somewhat didn't dare to knock on the door.

The three of them were still hesitating when the courtyard door was opened from the inside. It turned out to be You Yin and You Zhu coming out to go wash clothes by the river. Seeing three aunties standing at the door, the two hurriedly put down the wooden barrel which was carried by a pole and defensively eyed the three: "Who are you?"

"You are You Jin's younger sister, right? You Jin gave us fish yesterday. Our farming family don't have much, so we send you some fruit and vegetable. At least, it's something to eat. Are your adults home?" Among, the leading woman smilingly asked.

As soon as they heard that they were there to send stuff to their family, the two of them nicely greeted the other. Only then You Zhu turned around and sought You Jin to come out. As soon as You Jin heard that the three women from yesterday had brought things to their house, she wiped her hands and hurried out: "Auntie Ge, what are you doing? I didn't give you fish for your family's things!"

The leading woman called Auntie Ge jollily replied, "I know you don't aim for these things. Although we are poor people, we aren't people who like to take advantage. Consider it as us giving some thoughts toward your housewarming."

The other two nodded and seconded her. Seeing that she couldn't refuse, she reluctantly took the things sent by the three of them. Then she invited the three of them into the room for a drink.

The three of them stood at the door and glanced at the desolate yard that had been cleaned up. They were still a little scared and all shook their heads: "We still have to go to the field. Next time."

Afterward, they hurriedly turning away with their empty basket.

You Yin sisters looked at the potatoes, cabbage, and pumpkins that had fill their back basket and happily remarked, "Elder sister, this enough for our family to eat for a good few days, right?" Su Family's food were all bought right now. These sent by the aunties were enough for them to eat for a few days. A lot of money was save!

You Zhu's thought was how the three fishes exchanged a basket of pumpkin and grains. Doesn't this mean it be exchanged for something else? So she suggested to You Jin: "Eldest Sister, why don't we use fish to exchange some food with the villagers?"

If You Zhu hadn't mentioned it, it would never come across You Jin's mind. Now she heard it, she had the idea of selling fish: "It's the three aunties' kind intention if they are willing to give us vegetables. However, if we directly knock on the door to exchange it, we will look a little petty. What will people think if we give three aunts without wanting anything in return and when we want something for them?”

After a pause, she continued, “But You Zhu, what you said makes sense. Although it's not easy for us to sell in the village, we can sell it in Luohe Prefecture!"

Originally, she was a little unhappy about Eldest Sister's rejection. But when she heard that it could be sold in the city, You Zhu's eyes immediately lit up a bit: "It can be sold more expensively if sold in the city!"

This way, earn more money and buy more food!

Looking at You Zhu's money-loving expression, You Jin laughed: "Look at your only-have-eyes-for-money look. Okay, hurry along with your second elder sister to do the laundry. I'll go fishing after I tidy up the house. Let’s see if we can catch enough to sell in the city tomorrow.”