56

Chapter 56. Taking action

Drink sour plum soup? You Jin froze for a moment. It turned out that he came to buy sour plum soup. Somewhat embarrassed, she responded: "Today's sour plum soup is all gone. The three of them drank the last three bowls."

Initially, they planned to go home after selling those three bowls. Never thought they would encounter the local ruffians.

With a dagger at his neck, the pockmarked man was still shaking. Elder Brother, Elder Sister, if you want to chat, let me go first, okay? But he was a cowardly one as he feared the great aunt behind him would cut his neck with the knife as soon as he opened his mouth.

You Jin didn't intend to kill people on the street in broad daylight. She put the dagger back into the leather dagger case and kicked the pockmarked man away: "Don't provoke me, or next time it won't be as simple as having it against your neck."

Finally released, the three of them eagerly nodded. Pissed-scared, they crawled away. Even if they were given a water tank full of gut, they wouldn’t dare to provoke this terrifying grand aunt again!

And when Xiao Lin Feng heard that he couldn't drink the sour plum soup, his fair jade-like face immediately dropped. Today was really unlucky. For the first time in his life, he was threatened by some ruffians. On top of that, he couldn't drink the sour plum soup he longed for!

Seeing him getting on the horse with a displeased face, You Jin hurriedly added: "Lord, if you want to drink, we set up a stall here every morning. However, you have to come early as it will be sold out if you are late. "

Xiao Lin Feng vaguely nodded before riding away on his horse. This can’t do. This young master was extremely upset. He had to go home and mobilize people to teach those bums a lesson! It was them who drank his sour plum soup and wanted to take action against him on the street!

The pitiful three, who had already been beaten up by You Jin, got severe beating from a dozen people who were dressed like martial artists led by a teen boy on a white horse half an hour later. They’ll need to lie on the bed for more than ten days to recover from these injuries. This was all future matters.

***

Back to You Jin's side. After sending Xiao Lin Feng off, she went home with two empty wooden barrels on a shoulder pole. At the south gate, they ran into You Yin sisters who hadn't returned. Seeing that You Jin was fine, they breathed a sigh of relief: "Elder Sister, you scared us to death!"

"It's fine. Let's go home quickly!" You Jin patted the two younger sisters who were as frightened as baby birds that had just left the nest.

Maybe it was because You Jin's single-handedly sorting out those ruffians that day, no one dared to provoke her since that day. Now You Jin woke up early every day and went to the city to sell sour plum soup. At noon, she came back to eat and sleep. After the nap, she continued to slowly clean up the few mu of wasteland that had been piled up with fertilizer a few times over. After more than a month of tossing around, the few mu of land had gradually accumulated fertility. Although they hadn't turned into fertile fields so quickly, they were much better than before.

Now there were tender little buds growing in that field! Although they couldn't grow grain, You Jin got her hands on some fresh raw melon seeds and planted them all. After the autumn harvest, two or three mu of melon will be collected. Another big profit will happen during the New Year's sale.

Now the river west side’s Su Family had undergone earth-shaking changes from when they first moved in. The lively laughter, the flat green fields, and the smoke from the kitchen. This peaceful and beautiful atmosphere made the villagers of Wuliqiao forget that this was a desolate haunted place that adults don't dare to pass by at noon. It was as if the west side of the river used to be like this.