84

Chapter 84 Going to the ground for "transformation"

At Houjiawan side, Hou Wei moved quickly. In one month, he bought enough chicks and dumped them all into Su's 100-mu wasteland to raise them.

However, when the chick were still small at the beginning, they were raised in a pen on the barren hills for nearly a month before they were released to run around the mountains. Since the chicks were still small, naturally they didn’t produce much natural fertilizer. NRight now the raw materials for composting on the barren hills were mostly from someone You Jin hired to pull waste from Su Family’s canal worker's dormitory every second day. It was barely enough for a while.

It was the golden autumn season. In a blink, the harvest season came. This year, Su Family had more than two mus of sunflower seeds to harvest. The rice and wheat in the forty-six mus of fertile fields had already matured. Although Su Family can afford long-term labor now, You Jin still took a few younger sisters to Houjiawan to work when it was time for the Su Family’s reaping.

This time, Su Family hired twelve short term laborers. Without any mishap, it should only take two or three days to harvest all the 46 mu of grain. The sisters set aside about half an mu of land: "Although our family's life is better now, I’ll still take you to do farm work together, just to let everyone remember that we had lived in hard times. No matter how we live in the future, it won't be worse than living in Cuifeng Village."

Holding a sickle in their hands, Su Family sisters who were wearing thick cotton narrow-sleeved clothes and straw hats nodded seriously. Among them, a youth in wide-sleeved silk clothes stood out and wore a straw hat. He panted: "Su Family’s lass, Young Master is here to eat. Why do I have to work in the fields?"

How could Xiao Lin Feng, who was well-clothed and well-fed since he was a child, do such rough work? He started to cry tired before he even went into the field.

You Jin had a malicious smile on her face and responded: "Your Eldest Brother specifically told me to. If you have any objections, go talk to him!"

From the beginning, this delicate noble son wasn’t included in the ranks of labor. However, she met Xiao Lin Yu when she was shopping in the city the day before yesterday. He knew that Su Family was going to reap. So he specially asked You Jin to bring Xiao Lin Feng with them.

At that time, You Jin was a little shocked after hearing this: "Gentleman Xiao, it's not fun to work in the fields. Xiao Lin Feng had never worked before. I’m afraid that he will not be able to bear it?" It wasn't that she looked down on Xiao Lin Feng. He truly looked like a weak chicken.

"That's the reason I want to ask Miss Su. Lin Feng is just a little mischievous. Not malicious at all. It'll do him good if he can grind a little bit." Xiao Lin Yu cupped his hands and smiled gently.

Since he said that, You Jin agreed to the matter: "Since Gentleman Xiao said so, I will naturally not refuse."

Perhaps Xiao Lin Yu was too gentle and polite like an elegant gentleman, You Jin always had an indescribable feeling in front of him. A little fearful and a little cautious. Unlike with Xiao Lin Feng, whom she always treated as a little kid when she got along with him. She was much more at ease.

It was the two’s conversation that day that caused Xiao Lin Feng, who was going to comfortably cross his legs and tease the dog in Su's house, to be ‘exiled’ to Houjiawan to harvest rice. Not knowing the inside story, Xiao Lin Feng cried without tears. Why did he also come to harvest rice! Eldest Brother was trying to kill him?

"Don't just stand there. Dawdling is useless. If we don't finish reaping this piece of land today, no one can leave." You Zhu patted Xiao Lin Feng's shoulder like brothers-in-hardship. The little person acting like an adult sighed greatly: "It's fate!"