156

Chapter 156 Younger brother became sensible

Back to Su Family’s two little girls. They had played for a long time. Now they returned to the wing room, sleepiness suddenly took over. Not long later, they all obediently led to nap on the bed at the back. Only a stinky-expression Xiao Lin Yu and You Jin were left sitting a foot away from each other.

Qiu Fen and the others saw that Eldest Miss and Eldest Gentleman Xiao were so stiff. Thinking of what Madam had told her before, they quietly retreated out without saying a word. The door remained open to avoid suspicion.

Seeing her sitting far away and ignoring him, Xiao Lin Yu sighed. He stood up with a dry cough, walked to the chair that was only a small tea table away from You Jin and sat down. Then he looked at her with puppy eyes: "I'm leaving tomorrow..."

The meaning of seeking reconciliation was self-evident.

You Jin glared at him and replied: "Commandery Duke is so majestic now. Why are you following me?"

Sure enough, You Jin became angry again: "Now you are suddenly ennobled, you became so arrogant before you have secured your seat. If it gets out, what will others think?"

Thinking of his action just now, Xiao Lin Yu lowered his head with slight guilt. He reflected that he was really too impulsive just now. But when he thought of that man daring to put his thoughts on You Jin, he felt a pang in his chest. There was nowhere to vent his anger.

Knowing that he was wrong, Xiao Lin Yu naturally didn't dare to refute. So he let her reprimand him. He nodded and admitted his mistake: "I just can't stand him acting so frivolous. What if it affects your reputation?"

You Jin became even angrier when she heard his words. What affects her reputation? His Xiao Family was already living in her own home. Why didn't he think about affecting her reputation at that time? The other people only came to invite her to enjoy the lanterns. At this time, it will affect her reputation?

Receiving an inexplicable glare, Xiao Lin Yul didn't know what he did wrong again. He had a reason for thinking this way. In his heart, he had already determined that his wife can only be You Jin. So after the new emperor ascended the throne, he was so anxious that he didn't want to wait for a moment. He rushed to Luohe Prefecture because he was afraid of missing her again.

From the start, they were one family. What fear was there of affecting reputation?

In the bright candlelight, the young girl’s lotus face was flushed with slight anger. While the man was secretly happy in his heart. You Jin cared about me!

After pondering for a long time, he took out the red jade hairpin that he had kept in his pocket for a long time: "This is a red jade hairpin that I got by chance. It’s perfect for you."

The red jade was very beautiful in color. A natural red begonia blooms at the tail of the hairpin. Under the bright yellow candlelight, the red jade hairpin looked even more luxurious.

"What does this count as? Apology gift for making me angry?" You Jin smiled slightly. The beautiful eyes looking at him seem to express that she wasn’t so easy to coax.

Qiu Fen and the few maids who were guarding outside vaguely heard the conversation between Eldest Miss and Gentleman Xiao. A smile appeared on their lips and they took another five steps back.

***

In the early morning of the next day, it was dawn. Second Master Xiao and Xiao Lin Yu were ready to go to the capital. Xiao Lin Feng and Xiao Lin Wen were also going to the capital together. Plus Xiao Lin Yu's guards that came with him, a group of more than ten people packed their bundles and set off for the capital.