52

Chapter 52. Snack

After You Jin sisters climbed over the first short hill, Wuliqiao's villagers were no longer in sight.

Most of the villagers in Wuliqiao were on the sunny side of the mountain. You Jin sisters had currently reached the shady side. The wet bamboo leaves that have rotted on the ground were full of fertility and nourished the land. Because of the heavy humidity, there were more tea tree mushrooms here than on the sunny side. What's more, You Jin finally found the daphne genkwa she hadn't found in the sun-facing hills!

You Jin dug out a few of the daphne genkwa by their roots. Afterward, she tied them with a straw rope she always carried on her and set them aside. Then she searched for the traces of tea tree mushrooms with her few younger sisters.

You Jin can distinguish several edible mushroom. That was why she picked more variety of mushroom. Not only did she pick a basket full of tea tree mushrooms, she even foraged a small bunch of bamboo mushrooms by the roots of the dead bamboo. Hold the bamboo fungus! These had been labelled as one of the 'Eight Treasures of Grass' since ancient times!

Previously, there hadn't been any trace of the bamboo mushroom on the other side of the mountain. Now from the look of it, the dead bamboo over there hadn't had time to grow the bamboo mushrooms due to being chopped by the villagers and used as firewood.

She hurriedly called the few younger sisters over to show them the appearance of the bamboo mushroom: "This mushroom is also edible. It grows on the rotten bamboo roots. If you see it, you can also pick it."

As soon as she said this, You Zhu immediately remembered the sight of these on withered bamboo roots earlier and uttered: "Eldest Sister, I know where it is. I will go to pick it!"

Both You Yin and You Bao also had some recollections. The sisters dispersed again and went to work on their own.

The four sisters stayed on the mountain for an hour and a half. In the end, not only was the baskets on their backs were tightly packed, but their hands also carried a large bundle of leaf-wrapped parcels tied with straw ropes. It was a bountiful return.

Sure enough, Second Master Huang recognized the precious mushroom like bamboo fungus. He gave three times the price of the tea tree mushroom and bought out You Jin's yesterday's half basket full of bamboo mushroom. He specially called You Jin to the front to speak: "Little miss, if you have any new and novel in the future, send it to Yunweixuan. As long as it is fresh enough, I will take it all."

After that, he got the kitchen to pack two plates of new snacks for her to bring home.

You Jin smilingly accepted the snacks and responded, "Second Master is our Su Family's benefactor. The price you gave us is also appropriate. Naturally, I will prioritize your side first."

Second Master Huang nodded with satisfaction, "This fresh tea tree mushroom tastes good. These two days, there's not enough to buy. If you have it, why don't you send more?"

Second Master Huang only needs tea tree mushroom because bamboo were sold everywhere on the street now and tea tree mushroom was only available from Su Family. It wasn'y a problem to only get from her.

"Second Master, you also know that things like mushrooms depend on the weather. I don't dare to promise you on the quantity. I can only say we'll give you as much as my family gets. What do you think?" You Jin naturally left some leeway. After all, the mushroom did depend on the weather.

It went without saying Second Master Huang understood and didn't make it hard for her. The two talked for a while before You Jin came out of the back door. You Yin and You Zhu, who had been waiting at the back door for a long time, followed her to the West Market.