42

Chapter 42. Bidding farewell with Mrs. Han

"You Jin? Why did you come to the county city?" A slightly doubtful Mrs. Han looked at You Jin, who was dressed as a boy: "I saw you from a distance and thought I was seeing things. Why did you come to the county city?" It turned out that Han Family's grocery store opened on the same street as the cart shop where You Jin and the others stayed last night. Mrs. Han, who came out to buy breakfast, happened to bump into You Jin.

You Jin looked at Mrs. Han with some embarrassment. She didn't know where to start. So she could only vaguely explained: "I have some important things to do in the county."

It was impossible for Mrs. Han to know so quickly about Mrs. Su and Yue Chang Lu's separation. You Jin was also too lazy to explain. So she wanted to vaguely muddle through it.

"You are a little girl, what can you do in the county city? Come and sit at Third Aunt's house. If there is anything, tell your third uncle. He is well-known in the county city." Mrs. Han felt that it was a bit strange. Her intuition was to not let You Jin leave. She reached out and tightly grabbed her sleeve.

You Jin couldn't break free from Mrs. Han's "claw" and resignedly sighed before telling the truth: "Third Aunt, my mother and Yue Chang Lu have separated. We all followed my mother and left Yue's house. I am to register the household."

"What? Separate!" In a moment of surprise, Mrs. Han's voice unconsciously became a little louder. It attracted frequent glances from the stalls near the two of them: "We have only left home for less than a month, how can a separation happen out of the blue?"

You Jin sighed: "Third Aunt, is it out of the blue? I can't talk anymore. I have to go to the yamen to apply for household registration!"

After that, she wanted to break free from Mrs. Han's grasp.

Mrs. Han hurriedly dragged her back: "You are a little girl. It's not that easy to go to the yamen. The husband of one my maternal family's sister is in the business of brokering. I will take you to find him for help!"

Although Mrs. Han didn't know what happened, she unconsciously opened her mouth to help You Jin.

When You Jin heard what she said, she also felt that it made some sense. So she agreed. Seeing that she wasn't leaving, Mrs. Han hurried back to the shop to instruct the errand boy. Only then, she came out and led You Jin to the broker.

The broker surnamed He saw Mrs. Han bring a relative and didn't ask for much money. Only charged five silver liang. Within an hour, the red-stamped separation note and the household registration with the name written as Su You Jin were brought back: "Little girl, I did what you want. Everything is sorted. Now, keep them safe."

You Jin looked through it carefully before putting them away: "Thank you Uncle He for making this trip for me."

Then she turned around and bowed deeply to Mrs. Han who had been waiting with her: "Thank you Third Aunt."

Mrs. Han smiled and waved her hand: "It's not easy for you, a little girl, run this errand. So I just lend a hand. Now that the matter has been settled, how about you take me to see your mother?"

In the end, Mrs. Han still wanted to know what happened to make Mrs. Su, a person who hadn't resisted for 15 years, to fight back so hard this time.

You Jin considered it before nodding in agreement. After coming out of the brokering shop, she took Mrs. Han back to the cart shop.

***

After hearing Mrs. Su's light-hearted explanation of the cause and result of separation, Mrs. Han trembled slightly despite seeing the having vast horizon: "That's Second Elder Brother's biological children! To actually want to drown them!? Is it that difficult at home?"