95

Chapter 95. Pregnant

"Even You Bao is capable now!" Today You He returned to her maternal home. She was happily sitting in the main hall, talking to Mrs. Su: "This summer our family relied on You Bao to buy watermelons at a low price. We actually earned a lot of money. Before I came today, Mother-in-law told me that I must thank Second Aunt and You Bao!"

It had been more than three months since You He married into Liu Family. Everyone’s character and appearance was good. Although Mother-in-law couldn’t compare to her own mother, she still treated pretty nice. Her husband Liu Zhuo Ting loved her dearly. Younger sisters were also very sensible. Coupled with the support of her maternal family, Su Family, You He's life in Liu Family was quite comfortable.

This summer, with the help of Su Family, they bought a lot of watermelons at two coins lower than the market price from Su Family and resold them. After one summer, they earned nearly thirty liang silver. Because of this incident, You He's mother-in-law, Mrs. Qin, treated her even better. Knowing that she was going back to her maternal home today, she had specifically instructed her to properly thank Su Family.

"We are all one family, why are you saying such polite words!" Mrs. Su amusedly scolded her: "You child, you’re becoming more and more polite."

The two sisters who were doing accounts in the backyard knew that You He was coming. They both came to the front yard after the accounts were settled. You Jin greeted You He with a smile: "Haven't seen you for half a month and you look much better, Elder Sister You He. Life in Liu's house must be good." Although You He wasn’t as resolute as Third Aunt, Mrs. Han, she was also very generous and courteous. Although she was close to Su Family like family now, she never covet anything from Su Family. So You Jin was very willing to associate with this elder cousin sister. This time the idea of selling watermelons was first mentioned by You Jin. Only then, You He implemented it.

"You Jin, your mouth is getting more and more powerful." You He smilingly glanced at her: "My in-laws are great. Besides, don't I have the two people you prepared to protect me. How could I possibly suffer? "You He's temperament had indeed changed a lot since she got married. She used to be a bit childish, but now she had gradually become calm and generous. Quite like Mrs. Han’s style from back then.

Although this was what was said, since she got married, You He had returned to her maternal home every ten days to half months. At first, her mother-in-law felt a little uncomfortable. She complained to her old man in private: "Which married woman returns to maternal home every day? Isn’t this letting people see a joke?"

"Old woman, your eyesight is too shallow. Is Su Family an ordinary family?" Liu Da He smoked a tube of tobacco. His deep voice responded, "Su Family lives in such a glorious lifestyle. They are willing to marry their niece into a family like ours because they set their eyes on us treating her well. Besides, the more Daughter-in-law interacts with her maternal family, the looser Su Family’s finger joints will be. This way, there will be a subsidy, right?”

Although Su Family was not comparable to the wealthy families in Luohe Prefecture, Liu Family didn’t have much wealth either. Plus they both do business in the city. Liu Da He didn’t know how good the business of Su Family's snack shop was. Just look at the dowry brought by Daughter-in-law when she entered the house. Let’s mention other things, just the ten mu of fertile land was enough for the whole family to eat for a year. Where can one find such a good matter?

"I'm afraid that people outside will talk about us. Those who don't know think that we are bullying our daughter-in-law, since she goes back to her maternal home so often..." After listening to Liu Da He's words, Mrs. Qin’s mind naturally turned around. But still she feel a little unhappy in her heart. Which daughter-in-law returns to her maternal home every three days!