96

Chapter 96 Little fox

"Eldest Brother Xiao, it will be the Mid-Autumn Festival in ten days or so. When are you going to leave for the capital?" Although You Jin didn't intend to drive him away, the letter from Xiao Family in the capital had already been delivered to her. The woman who was the mistress of Xiao Family was nearly pointing her finger at her, saying that she was a vixen who seduced her precious son to happily stay in this poor and remote area of Luohe Prefecture. Although she was very grateful to Xiao Lin Yu for helping her with money and business in the past few months, she had no intention of being a vixen and robbing others of their son.

Xiao Lin Yu put down the ledger book in his hand. He had nothing to do in the past few months and was ignoring Xiao Family's affairs. So he had a lot of free time and he volunteered to help Su Family with checking the ledgers. You Jin was also big-hearted. She didn't guard against him. As proven, Xiao Lin Yu was indeed a person who had been in the business industry for several years and had a few skills.

Xiao Lin Yu smiled and called You Jin by her boudoir name: "You Jin feels that I eat more and work less? Or do you think that I am eating and drinking at your house for nothing is a loss of money?"

In a blink of an eye, Xiao Lin Yu lived in Su's house for more than a month. He became very familiar with Su Family. The more he stayed, the less he wanted to leave. The warm and lively family atmosphere of Su Family was something that Xiao Lin Yu had never experienced before. Everything was so strange, but it still attracted him to stay. Day after day, letters from the capital urging him to go back came one after another, but he didn't want to go back to the capital at all.

You Jin helplessly shook her head: "Eldest Brother Xiao, you and I both know that nothing in this world can be avoided. The responsibility that one should shoulder, one should always bear it."

She never asked why Xiao Lin Yu silently came to Luohe Prefecture. But she did know that Xiao Lin Yu was the next head of Xiao Family. What he had to bear was the future of Xiao Family. Although it had nothing to do with her, she never wanted to bear the label of a vixen.

Sighing, Xiao Lin Yu realized for the first time that the little girl in front of him was on the same road as him. Each shouldered the future of a family. However, You Jin could always see things more clearly than himself. Truly a fine minded odd person. With a wry smile, he responded: "You always have a bunch of preposterous reasoning that I can't rebuke. Fine. I have stolen a life of idleness for a while. I should go back."

Standing up, he stared deeply at You Jin: "If... nevermind..."

Seeing Xiao Lin Yu's hesitant expression, You Jin felt like a cat scratching her heart and asked, "What if?"

With a small smile, he shook his head: "It's nothing. I'm afraid I won't come back to Luohe Prefecture for a long time after I leave. You are a girl, you have to take care of yourself. From what I see you’re still short of guards despite having a lot of people. I will send you a few people from Xiao’s villa tomorrow. They are good at watching the house.”

You Jin frowned, and felt that Xiao Lin Yu was changing the subject. But since he didn’t want to say anything, she couldn’t ask any further questions. So she accepted his thoughts: "I was thinking of finding some guards for the house. If Eldest Brother Xiao is willing to part with them, I'll respectfully comply."

Seeing her smiling sweetly, Xiao Lin Yu stretched out his hand as if urged by ghosts and gods.

The slightly cool left cheek was completely covered by the man's warm and wide palm. You Jin was stunned for a moment and stared blankly at Xiao Lin Yu who was less than half a meter away from her. This scene felt familiar.