101

Chapter 101 Conflict

It took only ten days to harvest the osmanthus. Then it was the autumn harvest season.

The wind and rain were on their side this year. It was a bountiful year. Since last year, Su Family no longer needed to buy food from outside. The produce from their own land was not only enough for Su Family to chew, but also supplied some flour for Su Family's snack shop. This year's grain harvest was bumper. This was also excellent news for Su Family, who currently had nearly a hundred mu of fertile land.

The autumn harvest was a big event for Su Family. To the little ones, it was a big event. The autumn harvest meant that they could play in the fields again!

After coming to Luohe Prefecture, under You Jin's insistence, an unwritten rule was added to Su Family- with the exception of Mrs. Su and the two youngest ones, everyone had to go to the fields to ‘transform’ themselves. You Jin euphemistically called it ‘recalling the bitterness, thinking the sweetness’.

Although the current situation of Su Family had improved by more than a star and a half compared with before, You Jin still insisted that her younger sisters go to the field to grind. The younger sisters were all young and the family can be regarded as a nouveau riche now. It was possible for them to be raised crookedly. You Jin cared about her younger sisters no less than Mrs. Su. Mrs. Su also knew that she was too weak. She was relieved to let You Jin discipline the children.

In the past two years, the eldest to the seventh went to the field. But now little Eighth and Kang-er can walk and run, You Jin counted the two youngest in when the long-term workers in the field report that they can prepare for the autumn harvest.

The two youngest have never participated in the autumn harvest, but they had heard from their elder sisters that there were grasshoppers and sparrows in the field during the autumn harvest. Full of yearning, they wished to immediately head out. Only Mrs. Su was a little bit reluctant.

"Little Eighth and Kang-er are still young. Kang-er has poor health. Why don't we just forget about it this year?" Mrs. Su tentatively asked Eldest Daughter. She only had this one son, Kang-er and had always held him in the palm of her hand for fear that he would fall. Although it was autumn now, the autumn sun was still fierce! What if Kang-er suffers from heat stroke?

You Jin had a smile on her face when Mrs. Su called her. But after listening to Mrs. Su's words, the smile on You Jin's face gradually faded: "If Kang-er doesn't go, what about little Eighth?"

"With little Eighth's temper, I'm afraid she can't be pulled back. So let her go!" Mrs. Su didn't notice that her daughter's attitude was getting cooler and only thought that she agreed with her idea. She continued: " You Jin, you don't know. Kang-er usually has to be coaxed and held after walking two steps. How can he endure this bitterness? He isn’t in good health, so what if he bumps into something? "

After listening to Mrs. Su's expression of distress for son, You Jin's heart was completely cold. She spoke: "Our family has autumn harvest every year. Since Kang-er is a member of my Su family, he should go to the field with us. I will take good care of Kang-er. Mother, just take care of yourself."

After saying that, she ignored Mrs. Su's unfinished words and left on her own.

No matter how dull Mrs. Su was, she could tell that her daughter was angry at this moment. But she didn't understand why her daughter was mad about? She had only one son, Kang-er and Kang-er wasn’t in good health. What was wrong with her loving him a little more?

This time, You Jin wasn’t only angry at Mrs. Su. She was also thinking about how to govern Kang-er in this aspect. Although the current Mrs. Su was able to read a few words, she still had to rely on others to survive like a dodder flower. In the past, she relied on Yue Chang Lu. Right now, her. It seems her future hope was already on Kang-er, who wasn’t yet three years old?