107

Chapter 107 Dog Eats Dog

The prosperity of Luohe Prefecture meant that the expenses in Luohe Prefecture were also high. Under the influence of Wan Niang's pillow wind in the past three or four years, Yue Chang Lu had saved some private funds. Still, it couldn't withstand the daily expenses of a family of three in Luohe Prefecture. In addition, Yue Chang Shou was a smart person. At that time, he took along Second Elder Brother to have more companions on the road. And if they encountered any danger, he would sell his second elder brother's family. The money was divided very clearly though.

Yue Chang Lu looked at third branch- two adults and two half-grown children. After living in Luohe Prefecture, they could still eat some hot food every day. Unlike his family who could only eat the cheapest three-meal mantou and made do every day. Wan Niang had quarreled countless times with him in private and his precious Wen Bao had cried countless times and wanted to eat meat. Thinking how they were brothers and old Third ate to his content every day while he can only eat half full, Yue Chang Lu felt even more displeased. He silently came up with a scheme on the third branch.

In order to save money, Yue Family stayed in the cheapest resting stop inn in the east side of Luohe Prefecture. Yue Chang Lu made up his mind to get some money from old Third. He didn't bother to find an excuse. There were people coming and going in the resting stop inn. Wasn't it normal to lose money?

That night, after Yue Chang Shou's family turned off the lights and went to sleep, the passageway of the resting stop inn was empty. A figure’s shadow submerged into the night and sneaked into Yue Chang Shou's family’s temporary stay. But who would have thought that after the praying mantis stalking the cicada and an oriole was in their hind. Not long after Yue Chang Lu entered third branch’s room, another black figure came out of the toilet hut and quietly entered Yue Chang Lu's family of three’s room.

Because of Wan Niang's acting up and unwillingness to live in a bunk room, Yue Chang Lu reluctantly paid twice the price to live in a small single room. He would never have thought when he went to steal old Third’s money, old Third set his eyes on his. Only Wan Niang and less than three years old son were left in the room. That’s why it was smooth sail for Yue Chang Shou like a fish in water. But after searching for a long time, he could only find less than two coins. Afraid of making noise in the dark and waking up Second Elder Brother, Yue Chang Shou had no choice but to withdraw his troops after getting the golden eggs. Holding the broken change of silver that was better than nothing, he came out of second branch’s room.

"Old Third? Why are you here?" On this end, Yue Chang Lu came back from old Third's room with a full harvest. He happened to see old Third standing at his door looking furtively. So he asked.

Yue Chang Shou, who had a guilty conscience from stealing, got frightened by his second elder brother from behind. He felt the hairs on his back stand on end. With a stiff smile on his face, he stammered, "No, it's nothing. I c, came out of the toilet hut and pass by, pass by."

After saying this, he ignored Yue Chang Lu’s gaze of suspicion and went back to his room.

Seeing the guilty look on old Third's face, Yue Chang Lu felt a little suspicion in his heart but he couldn't explain it. He could only temporarily let it drop.

In the early morning of the second day, two roars came from the two rooms respectively: "Which bastard (beast) stole my money?!"

As soon as the words fell, the two brothers opened the doors from different rooms and stormed out angrily. What a frightening sight!

The manager of the resting stop inn looked at the two brothers who wanted to eat him and jollyly spoke: "Two guests, according to the rules of our shop, the property is kept by the owner. If everyone loses money and demands our shop to pay for it like you, should we open and do business?"