112

Chapter 112. Wealth sought in danger

Everyone in the Su family moved quickly. Within half a day, each and every one had packed up their bags. The sleepless night where everyone had different thoughts was finally over. In the morning of early spring, the weather was misty and dim. Su Family’s two horse carriages and five mule carts had already lined up neatly at the gate of Su’s house. Everyone in Su Family moved quietly and swiftly did a final check before leaving.

Su Family’s masters were still saying goodbye in the front yard: "You Jin, Mother is really worried about you and You Zhu staying in Luohe Prefecture. What if..."

Mrs. Su tightly held the hands of the two daughters and refused to let go. She wished to take the two daughters away with them: "Money isn’t important. Mother just hopes that our family can be well."

With the other free hand, You Jin patted Mrs. Su lightly, and comforted softly: "Mother, don't worry. There are Uncle Song and a few guards at home. Nothing will happen."

All of Su Family's foundation was in Luohe Prefecture. Luohe Prefecture was the most important pass in the north of Dafeng's capital. If Luohe Prefecture is breached, Northern ethnic’s cavalry will be able to attack the capital in a short time. His Majesty won’t let Luohe Prefecture fall.

You Jin wanted to take this gamble. But she can't let the whole family take the risk with her. Just in case, the Northern ethnic really reached here, Chaxiang might be spared as it was remote. For the safety of the family, You Jin still decided to stay by herself and not let the whole family be at risk.

"That’s right, Mother. Don't worry, Eldest Sister is the best fighter among us. She will be fine." You Zhu, who looked half similar to You Jin, jollily stood by You Jin and comforted Mrs. Su: "Mother can go to Chaxiang for a short stay without worry. Wait for Eldest Sister and I to pick you up."

"Your eldest sister is very skilled. While you are the laziest. You dare to holler to stay?" Irked, Mrs. Su glared at You Zhu: "Among you sisters, you are the most rebellious!"

You Zhu stuck out her tongue in retaliation. Lowering her head, she leaned against Eldest Sister and did not speak. That’s because she knew that Eldest Sister would speak for her. Since she was little, she had always listened to Eldest Sister. But this time no one could persuade her. She was determined to stay in Luohe Prefecture with Eldest Sister.

You Jin smiled and said: "Mother, don't worry, You Zhu is smart. Nothing will happen. Besides, if something happens, I'm still here. I will take good care of You Zhu." Initially You Jin didn't plan to keep You Zhu in Luohe Prefecture, but she had a quarrel with her last night. After begging and promising, You Jin compromised. The mother and daughters talked for a long time. Only when Leader Guard Xiao came to report that everything was ready, Mrs. Su reluctantly took the rest of the children into the carriage and set off for Chaxiang.

At the side, Mrs. Han also quietly wiped away her tears a few times. She had finally reunited with her few children, but now they were about to separate again. She couldn't help instructing over and over again: "Your sister is heavily pregnant now. Wen Sheng, you are the eldest son. You have to take good care of your elder sister and younger brother when Mother is away."

Initially, You Jin told Mrs. Han to go to Luohe Prefecture with them, but Mrs. Han insisted on staying. Due to this, only You He, her two sister-in-laws from Liu Family and Wen Sheng brothers went to Chaxiang.

Mrs. Han/You Jin took You Zhu and stood at the gate of Su's house and watched the convoy slowly disappear into the early morning before dawn. They didn’t circle back into Su's house until the last mule cart was nowhere to be seen. You Jin needed to properly re-arrange the family’s big and small affairs.