54

Chapter 54. Learning to cook & medicine for fish

"Why did Mother marry someone like Yue Chang Lu? With Mother's excellent culinary skills, you can still make living through making food and selling it, right?" You Jin didn't expect Mrs. Su to have such background. She was actually the great-granddaughter of the former royal chef! Who can believe it? The great-granddaughter of a former royal chef fallen into the rural village and had to marry a domestic abuser for 15 years before she escaped!

Mrs. Su sighed and thought about the death of her parents. Eldest Uncle, whom had always been in harmony with her own family, actually wanted to take advantage of a dead-end household and ignore family affection. He married off them three sisters through half-sale and half-complimentary. Due to Mrs. Su's somewhat good looks, she was 'sold' into Yue Family at a good price. While her two sisters. It was unknown where they were sold. In this world, they were separated for more than ten years.

Seeing Mrs. Su's sorrowful expression and remaining silent, You Jin knew that she was recalling her sad old past. You Jin hurriedly changed the topic: "Since Mother's cooking is so good, how about we open a restaurant once we have the money?"

Mrs. Su Shi amusedly criticized: "With my body, I can barely cook for you sisters. How can I handle a restaurant?"

"Mother teach me!" You Zhu looked at Mrs. Su with bright eyes: "Once I learn, I can open a restaurant in the city!"

This was a good idea, "But Third Elder Sister, you can't even cook rice..." Now it wasn't just You Bao. Even You Ling and You Luo came to expose her sore spot.

"Don't know, then learn!" You Zhu slammed the table with her hand. Her gaze steadily looked at Mrs. Su: "Mother teach me! I can definitely learn it!"

Seeing that she was so determined, Mrs. Su turned to pleadingly look You Jin as she knew how disastrous Third Daughter's cooking skills were.

You Jin slowly put down the chopsticks and nodded slightly: "It's wonderful that You Zhu has this kind of heart. Diligence can make up for your clumsiness. Let her follow Mother every day and assist as a start. Even if she can't learn it, it can help lighten the burden. no?"

With the approval of Eldest Sister, You Zhu proudly glanced at her few sisters who complained about her: "Just you wait. I will definitely be able to make the best food in the world for you to eat!"

Everyone present was amused by You Zhu's declaration. The sisters cheerfully messed around. At this moment, no one thought that a 'terrorist' who could only set fire in the kitchen would come to learn how to cook.

You Jin was very optimistic about this matter. Even if You Zhu can't grasp the skill, it was good to remember a royal chef's recipes. Now it can only be like this. In the future, it will be necessary to write down all the recipes Mrs. Su remembered. It can be regarded as a family heirloom.

***

You Zhu was an impatient as well as serious. When she said that she wanted to learn cooking, she got down to learning from Mrs. Su.

But the reality was always different from the imagination. When the third fried into unrecognizable black charcoal fish was pulled from the pot, the originally supportive You Jin had a headache: "This..."

Although You Jin's cooking wasn't as good as Mrs. Su's, it was edible, right? How did You Zhu accomplish this? Under her and Mrs. Su's unwavering eyes, she actually turned a fish into a black charcoal???

Mrs. Su also wanted to cry but had no tears. Her father, who was disdained by her grandfather for no talent, did a lot better than You Zhu! This was the third fish wasted!