152

Chapter 152. Set things right

Ping Wang's path was destined to be more difficult than others. Since he chose this path, he wouldn’t hesitate to fight for it.

"I have a lot of official matters now. I still need you to worry more about everything in the manor." Ping Wang stroked his wife's already protruding pregnant belly, feeling a little guilty toward his submissive and understanding wife.

Wangfei leaned into Ping Wang's arms and softly replied, "I don’t find it bitter. Since I chose to stand by Wangye's side, I've already thought about this day."

Wangfei thought how she didn’t have a strong maternal family and can’t help Wangye the way Fifth Princess does. The least she could do was to ensure the peace of the backyard so that Wangye didn’t have to worry about home and realize his great cause.

Both the husband and wife knew that the side concubines in the manor were either his Majesty or Fifth Prince’s people. So the husband and wife were indifferent to those two people. The two side concubines barely saw Wangye and Wangfei for a few times in a year, let alone knowing anything confidential.

***

"Master, a letter from the capital." Yan Wei took out a letter from his pocket and handed it to the man standing by the window. If the man who turned his head in response wasn’t Xiao Lin Yu, who was?

After receiving the secret letter and confirming that the beeswax on it had not been opened, he opened the letter and sat down at the desk. After reading the letter, he put it over the candle and burned it: "After three years of dormancy, the day has come. In three days, return to the capital."

"Yes." Yan Wei clapped his hands and complied. He exited the study without disturbing Xiao Lin Yu who was already in deep thought.

It had been three years. Finally, he was going back to the capital. Xiao Lin Yu raised his head. All of a sudden, his emotions were a little complicated about returning home. Over the past few years, he had traveled from east to west, re-established ocean caravans and opened up the north-south waterway trade. He worked day and night and traveled. He dared not let himself stop for a moment, for fear that if he stopped, he would not be able to hold back the energy in his heart.

In the past three years, he had been to Beijiang, Beidi, Xichu, and down to Nanyang. He only stayed in Beijiang and Luohe Prefecture for nearly a month each. Knowing that his parents and elders lived well even though it wasn’t as prosperous as before, he knew that everything he did was worthwhile.

Ping Wang had promised him that as long as he helped him ascend to the throne, he would try his best to settle all the grievances related to General Han Guang Hong case back then. The past three years of serving Ping Wang made him see the virtuous side of this Wangye who wasn't well-known in the capital. It also strengthened his heart to follow Ping Wang’s plans.

Three days later, Xiao Lin Yu changed into his usual public attire, sat in a wheelchair, and was pushed by Yan Wei onto Yu Family's inland river fleet. They set off for the capital.

***

In the winter of the thirty-fourth year of Yuanhua, the current emperor died of illness, and he was posthumously named Shizu.

Before Shizu passed away, he left a decree, making the thirteenth-year-old Seventh Prince Yong Ze the new emperor. Fifth Prince, Yong Lian, who thought he had the chance to win, was slapped severely by the decree and rebelled the next day.

The rebellious Fifth Prince and tens of thousands of soldiers under his command entered through Dingan Gate, directly broke through the Imperial Forest Army at Dingan Gate, and then fought all the way to the main hall of Qingyang.

Eldest Sister, Why Haven't You Married Yet  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara