19

Chapter 19. An eye for an eye

Over at this side, Yue Wen Wei finished his torment and took the few half-grown lads around the village for half a day. Only when it was dark, he went home for dinner. Originally, he wanted to wait for those lowly girls to go back and make a fuss. Then he would take the opportunity to complain to his grandparents! Unexpectedly that Yue You Zhu came back with a scary red and swollen face. She went about her business like usual. This made him a little disappointed.

Yue Wen Wei looked at Yue You Zhu's terrifying face every day. After a few days, the redness and swelling disappeared. A scar about an inch long was left on her face. This could be regarded as a complete disfigurement. Thinking about how Yue You Zhu viciously glared at him but couldn't do anything to him., Yue Wen Wei felt proud. He stated to those boys who were still a little guilty, "Like I said, it's just a money-wasting thing. Even if we sell her, it's not a problem. What's there to be scared about!"

The few boys were a little different from Yue Wen Wei. Although they were all at the naughty and mischievous years, they didn't hold bad intentions. They thought it was just a prank.

Yue Wen Wei disdained his little friends a little and felt that they were all unmanly. He was proud of his masculinity. However, his proudness didn't last long. Once Yue Family's annual rush was over, You Jin secretly started her revenge plan.

Toward Yue Wen Wei, You Jin had always had no good feelings. A stupid and arrogant little prodigal who was spoiled by old Mrs. Chen and Mrs. Chen. On top of that, he bullied the few younger sisters from time to time and try to get her into trouble. It was small matters. The younger sisters were willing to complain to her. However, this time he caused You Zhu to be disfigured. She couldn't swallow this breath no matter what.

You Jin wouldn't be stupid enough to burn herself with him. So she kept this matter from everyone in the family and started an eye-for-an-eye plan alone.

Now that the autumn harvest had passed, the weather had began to cool down. It was still a little hot near noon. This day, Yue Wen Wei heard the news that someone had caught a big fish in the Cuifeng River, so he became intrigued. At noon the next day, he took advantage of the fierce sun and went to the Cuifeng River to catch fish with a few friends.

You Jin naturally knew about his movement. Not long after Yue Wen Wei went out, she carried a pigweed basket and went along the village road to Cuifeng Mountain at the back of the village to gather pigweed. You Jin merrily greeted people along the way. When someone asked, she said she was going up the mountain to forage pigweed. After she left the village and saw that there was no one around, she came to the foot of the mountain and used a branch to smack down a dozen parasa consocia. She carefully collected them up with a stick onto a leaf and wrapped them up. Then she put it in the back basket. She avoided the village and stooped to avoid everyone's sight to stealthily reach Cuifeng River.

Currently, there weren't many people around the river. Yue Wen Wei and a few people had their outer clothes off and left it on the river bank. The four-five teen boys fished in the river.

You Jin first laid down on the bank and checked who they were. When she finally confirmed that all of them were involved in bullying You Zhu that day, she took advantage of everyone occupied state and carefully placed the parasa consocia on the casually placed outer clothes on the river bank. Among them, Yue Wen Wei's clothes had eight parasa consocia.

You Jin watched the parasa consocis wriggling and disappeared into the gap of the clothes. With a wicked smile on the corner of her mouth, she smirked: "Yue Wen Wei, today I will teach you what self-inflicted means and a tooth for a tooth!"

After glancing at the few unaware, stinky boys, she quietly returned to the Cuifeng Mountain the way she came and continued to gather pigweed.

***