94

Chapter 94 Watermelon

Su Family's watermelon had ripened.

Mrs. Su originally thought that her daughter wouldn’t be able to grow anything with those black melon seeds. At that time, You Jin had confidently vowed: "This watermelon is similar to a pumpkin. Maybe it can be grown?"

Nearly three mus of watermelon seeds were planted on the hills in the bay. Unexpectedly many of them survived.

Nourished by spring rain and irrigated in summer, it had produced a field of watermelon. Mid-July was the time when the watermelons were ripe. You Jin didn't forget that she had promised Xiao Lin Feng that she would send a batch to the capital for him once they ripened.

So a horse carriage from Wuliqiao staggered away. It pulled a cart of nearly ripened watermelons with green vines and patterned skins and headed for the capital. Along with them were some new teas that You Jin had made in Chaxiang in the past two months and a reply letter to Xiao Lin Yu.

But before Su Family's watermelon was delivered to the capital, Xiao Lin Yu had already arrived in Luohe Prefecture.

"Eldest Brother Xiao?" Today, she had nothing to do. She remained at home and trained the few big and handsome wolfhounds at home and brought the dogs back from the navigable Luohe Prefecture Canal. This was when she saw a person she hadn't seen for months riding a white horse. He grinningly looking at her.

Xiao Lin Yu had already seen her from a distance. You Jin, who was wearing a water-green narrow-sleeved slanted-lapel gown dress and matching loose trousers. Used to seeing delicate noble daughters, Xiao Lin Yu felt that she was pleasing to his eyes. He cheerfully spoke: "Long time no see. You haven't changed at all."

What Xiao Lin Yu meant by she hadn’t changed wasn’t about her appearance. But the tenacity and the light in her eyes were the same as when he first met her. On the contrary, the girl whom he hadn't seen for more than half a year had now appeared more and more graceful. Xiao Lin Yu realized that You Jin’s coming of age was approaching. He felt somewhat restless.

You Jin didn't think too much about it. She called the big dogs to a halt. Smiling, the peach blossom eyes turned into crescent moons: "Long time no see. How are you doing, Eldest Brother Xiao?"

Xiao Lin Yu got off the horse, handed the reins to the study attendant who was riding behind him, and stood beside You Jin. The two of them intentionally or unintentionally kept a distance of half a foot apart. Slowly, they walked towards Su's house on the river bank. The few wolfhounds were taught to be intelligent. Seeing their master walking slowly home, they also walked leisurely behind the master on four legs.

You Jin glanced at the one study attendant and one guard following behind. She was a little surprised: "Eldest Brother Xiao just came from the capital? Why did you only bring two people this time?"

"Came out to relax. It's too restrictive to bring so many people." Xiao Lin Yu explained with a faint smile on his face.

Seeing that he was very tired, haggard and lonely, You Jin knew that he had something on his mind. So she changed the subject without asking any more questions. The two chatted. Taking in the ships that were approaching from a distance in the canal and the lively two sides of the canal, Xiao Lin Yu sighed leisurely: "In less than a year, you guys have also undergone major changes. Things have really changed. Things change with the passing of years."

Because the berth of the Luohe Prefecture Canal in Luohe Prefecture was established half a kilometer south of Luohe Prefecture City and two kilometers away from Wuliqiao, the traffic on the waterway gradually gathered more people nearby. The west side of Wuliqiao River, which was initially somewhat desolate, had become much more lively.

Eldest Sister, Why Haven't You Married Yet  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara