34

Chapter 34. Different thoughts on year end

Let's not talk about how Ge Liu-er's tantrum and complaints to Yue Chang Hong in her room. Early the next morning, Zhou Jun Peng waved his sleeves and said goodbye to Cuifeng Village under the girls' reluctant gaze and different mind-wave.

Failing to take the opportunity to catch the golden tortoise-in-law Zhou Jun Peng, Yue Chang Hong was indeed dissatisfied. She had nowhere to vent. So she could only fumingly take Ge Liu-er back to Gejia Village.

The snow repeatedly stopped and fell. It was New Year's Eve in a blink of an eye.

Naturally the New Year's Eve's ancestor worship had nothing to do with the daughters. Mrs. Su's condition was getting worse and worse. Her tall belly and thin face highlighted her feebleness. She could only stay in bed all day to nurture her pregnancy.

Mrs. Han didn't know about Wan Niang's entering the family door. Yue Chang Shou only knew about it when Yue Chang Lu asked someone to send a letter. Two days ago, Third branch finally returned to Cuifeng Village for the New Year. When Mrs. Han knew the news, she was so mad with nowhere to vent. She didn't give Wan Niang any good attitude, when she went to the west wing to see Mrs. Su.

"Second Sister-in-law, how can you agree to let that vixen Wan Niang in?" Why else was there a saying women know women the best? Mrs. Han didn't like Wan Niang at first sight when she saw her. Naturally she wouldn't be too polite with her words.

When Mrs. Su first saw her coming, there was a faint smile on her face. But upon the mention of Wan Niang, the smile in her eyes disappeared. The rest was full of deep sadness. She shook her head with a wry smile and replied: "Does it need my consent? We have been sister-in-laws for more than ten years. When have you seen me with an inch of position in this family?"

Seeing that something was amiss with her, Mrs. Han felt a little annoyed at what she said just now. She sighed slightly: "Forget it. Second Sister-in-law, no matter what, you still have the few children. If you can't take care of yourself for yourself, do it for the few children."

The two sister-in-laws talked in the room for a while before Mrs. Han came out of the room. When she was leaving the west wing, she quietly stuffed a purse heavily embroidered with white magnolia for You Yin: "Wait for your third elder sister to come back and tell her to store it well. There will always be a time when you need it."

Knowing that it was money, You Yin quickly pushed it back: "Third Aunt, we can't accept it. Third Elder Sister won't accept it."

Lovingly rubbing You Yin's head, Mrs. Han felt a little distressed for these sensible children in the second branch: "Silly child, once your mother gave birth, which doesn't need money? Although the money isn't much, it is a little thought from Third Aunt. Store it well." After saying that, she waved her hand and went back to the east wing.

You Yin couldn't refuse. She had to put the money away. Once You Jin come back, she'll give it to her to hide.

You Jin opened the purse given by Mrs. Han. It turned out that there was about a hundred copper coins in it. Her gratitude toward to Mrs. Han deepened more. She mentally vowed once their life is well off, she must repay Mrs. Han for sending coal in the snow.

***

The New Year's Eve dinner was eaten after worshipping the ancestors in the ancestral hall. Although it was New Year, the food was similar to the usual meal: a large pot of stewed eggplant with potatoes and a large pot of cabbage. However, the meat inside was more than in the past. In addition, there was a large pot of three-mixed dumplings filled with cabbage and pork was prepared. This was considered celebrating New Year.