132

Chapter 132. All because of snacks

"Although your younger cousin brother isn’t very old, he is steady and mature. He should be able to pass it in one go." He Hao came to deliver the letter of guarantee to Su Family in person and was sitting and chatting with You Jin in the parlor of the main courtyard. Right now, He Family’s life was getting better and better. The small restaurant by the pier had a very good business. He Family had earned a lot of money by relying on this small restaurant in just a year or two and had an addition of nearly 20 mu of fertile fields. They even hired long-term workers. On top of that, He Xuan Hai got admitted as Xiucai from last year’s autumn exam. The status of He Family in Wuliqiao was getting higher and higher. Although it can’t be compared to Su Family, it still caught people’s eyes in Wuliqiao.

After receiving the letter of guarantee and confirming that it was correct, You Jin got the servant to send it to the yamen, while she herself talked to He Hao: "Recently, the shop is so busy and I trouble you to come here personally."

While living in Su's house, third branch stated to the outside world that they were cousin relatives. This avoided a lot of explanation.

He Hao jollily laughed and replied: "What I’m doing is small, just enough to support my family. What's so good about it!"

He knew that Su Family had opened a new restaurant this year and had passed by a few times from a distance. The gilded signboard under the sun had dazzled countless people's eyes. How could he dare to compare with the other party?

You Jin exchanged pleasantries with He Hao for a long time before personally sending him to the gate of Su's house: "Thank you, Uncle Lizheng, for making this trip."

She took the food box held by the servant and handed it to He Hao: "These snacks are homemade. Bring them back for Auntie and Younger Sister Xiao Ning to try. I implore Uncle Lizheng not to dislike it."

How could He Hao not heard of Sujiaxiang? How could he possibly dislike it? According to his contact and understanding of Su Family in the past few years, You Jin would definitely not take it back after giving it away. So he happily accepted it and went back to Wuliqiao with the food box.

At the entrance of Wuliqiao Village, some idle villagers saw Lizheng returning from the west side of the river with a food box and knew Su Family gave him good things. Some people who couldn't stand it and wagged their tongues in private: "What Lizheng! Isn't he like a dog raised by Su Family’s group of females! If there is anything good, he want to fawningly send it to the rich people! Truly embarrassing!"

Some gossiped, while more were envious. How rich Su Family was now! Just looking at it from a distance, there were five or six carriages that come in and out every day! Not to mention the rest! Let’s not talk about other things, Lizheng had a good relationship with them. It was said that the shop on the side of the pier was leased to He Family at a discount of 30% of the market price. Look at He Family. It had only been two years and they had bought good land and built a three room spacious and elegant blue brick house! Who wouldn’t be envious!

He Hao didn't care what the envious villagers said. Though he was on good terms with Su Family, he can proclaim to be sitting upright and not be afraid of the shadow. What was there to be afraid of? After nodding and exchanging greetings with the villagers, he went home with the food box gifted by Su Family.

"Did you go to Elder Sister You Jin's house?" He Xiao Ning came out to open the door for He Hao and saw the food box he was carrying looked like the box that Su Family brought to the house as a gift last year. Recalling Su Family’s snacks, He Xiao Ning started drooling. Peeking at the box in her father's hand, she asked, "What delicious things did Elder Sister You Jin get Father to bring back?"