162

Chapter 162. Su Family’s Eldest Daughter’s wedding

Back to Xiao Family's side. Everything was already in order. Xiao Lin Yu was so excited that he almost didn't sleep all night. There were no dark circles under his eyes. He was in high spirits. He changed into the wedding gown embroidered with gold thread in the closet. Then he changed to a red jade hairpin. Truly a face like crown jade.

"It’s 9 o’clock now. The front has yet to depart and you're already in a hurry." Mrs. Yu was dressed in a dark red dress with floral satin skirt today. On her hair bun, between her ears and both wrists were adorned with red gold jewelry inlaid with precious stones. Quite luxurious. She signaled Youngest Son to pull Eldest Son to sit down: "You aren't a child anymore, so don't lose your sense of proportion."

Although today was her son’s joyous day, her Xiao Family was now the household of a commandery duke. No one in Luohe Prefecture can surpass her family. If outsiders saw the eagerness of Eldest Son, the commandery duke’s face will be swept to the floor.

Although Mrs. Yu was happy, she was still much calmer than Eldest Son whose long-cherished wish had come true for many years. After all, she still wanted to maintain the dignity as the mistress of the house and the reputation of Xiao Family.

This was the first time in Xiao Lin Feng's life that he had seen his eldest brother in such an agitated state. Already eighteen but still carefree, he pulled his eldest brother as he snickered on the inside: “Truly heroes have it difficult at beauty’s challenge. Never imagined Eldest Brother would lose composure!"

"On the day of the child's joyous day, it’s possible to be overjoyed." Sitting at the head, Mrs. Song smiled and protected her eldest grandson. Today, she was wearing a dress embroidered with blessings and had a top-notch emerald on her forehead. The bracelet on her wrist was the same material as the one on the forehead, showing the dignity and temperament of the elderly.

Except for Second Master Xiao, who was an official answer to the roll call in the court and couldn't come back, Xiao Family’s two branches gathered together. Everyone had deep or shallow smiles on their faces and chatted one after another. It was quite lively.

After breakfast and lunch, some of the people who received the invitations came early. Xiao Family's wedding procession team finally set off amidst Xiao Lin Yu's longing.

Riding on a white horse tied with red silk satin, Xiao Lin Yu headed the bride-welcoming team. Although there was a faint smile on his face, it was just a little cover for his inner ecstasy.

Walking in the familiar streets of Luohe Prefecture, Xiao Lin Yu couldn't help recalling the nearly eight years of knowing You Jin. Scene after scene flashed through his mind like singing an opera. He was full of joy and emotion. Joy due to finally being able to embrace the beautiful woman back. Emotional because he and You Jin had experienced too many separations and tribulations. He made up her mind that in the future, he must wholeheartedly love her for the rest of his life.

Su Family was thriving in population now. Han Li brothers, Fourth Wei, Liu Zhuo Ting, Yue Wen Sheng brothers, and Su Kang, the seven males blocked Xiao Lin Yu’s welcoming procession outside for nearly two quarters of an hour. There was poetry and red envelopes. It ended when the matchmaker came from the main courtyard and said that it was nearly time. Only then, everyone dropped it with an unsatisfied feeling.

Xiao Lin Yu, who was finally allowed to enter Su's house, straightened his clothes and headed straight for the bride's boudoir.

This time, he finally received the bride smoothly, led You Jin to the main hall, knelt farewell to Mrs. Su. Then Su Kang led his elder sister's hand slowly out of the gate of Su Family. She got on the eight-carried sedan chair. All the way, firecrackers were set off along with the sound of joy as they went to the city of Luohe Prefecture.