92

Chapter 92 Capital City

Before You He got married, You Jin had got someone to send a letter to Mrs. Han in Dingyuan. Two days after You He’s third day return, a reply from Mrs. Han came.

In the letter, Mrs. Han expressed her gratitude to You Jin and Mrs. Su for taking care of You He. She had also mentioned many things that happened in Dingyuan in the past few months after You He disappeared: Yue Wen Tao married the daughter of a wealthy family in the county. Although he didn’t marry into the female’s family, he lived in his father-in-law's house just like Yue Chang Shou back then. Yue You Ting got married the year before last and gave birth to a son who looked nothing like Chen Ma Zi. However, last month her tryst with Zhou Jun Peng was encountered by someone. People also noticed Yue You Ting's son looked like Zhou Jun Peng, as if they were carved out of the same mold.....adding these up, one needn't be detailed.

At the end of the letter, Mrs. Han had specially instructed: "Everything is very chaotic at home now. No matter whether it is You He or You Jin, don't come back at all. Also, don't send letters back. This is to avoid revealing clues and be discovered by Yue Family."

Listening to You Jin reading out the letter, Mrs. Su felt very emotional: "Why did a perfectly fine family become such a mess?"

You Jin put down the letter. A mocking smile hung on the corner of her mouth: "Mother really thinks that family was perfectly fine?"

In You Jin's view, Yue Family was already a mess of filth; only glamorous on the outside! This was most likely just the beginning!

After her birthday in April, it was now mid-May. Since the beginning of spring, You Jin had never been free even when excluding You he’s matter.

In March, she went to the tea village in the south. She had found the scholar named Zhou that Xiao Lin Yu mentioned. The matters at tea village side was entrusted to Scholar Zhou to help. The letter sent two days ago said it was mostly sorted. In two days, she should make a trip to the tea village.

And Xiao Lin Yu in the capital, didn't know what was up. He wrote letters to her every few days. Every time she received his letter, You Jin always mentally chanted ‘People die for money, birds die for food’ a few times before secretly suppressing the helplessness and frustration in her heart. Did this elder brother think that she was a little too idle and play pen pal with him every day?

Every time she imagined Eldest Young Master Xiao with his legs crossed in the capital and maybe having his lovely wife and beautiful concubine in his arms as he wrote letters to her every day just for fun, You Jin felt a burst of fire with nowhere to vent. Truly, same people, different fate!

At this time far away in the capital, Xiao Lin Yu put the ink-dried letter paper into an envelope, sealed the letter with his special wax seal, and handed it to the study attendant to take it to Luohe Prefecture. He sneezed heavily for no reason.

Due to the reluctance of both Xiao and Bai Family, the wedding was finally set on August 19th. It was currently May, only three and a half months before the wedding of the next Patriarch of Xiao Family. Naturally, the whole Xiao Family arranged it in full swing. Even the current Patriarch of Xiao Family, Xiao Hai Chao’s normally stern look on his face recently carried a hint of joy.

Out of the whole house, the only exception was probably the groom-to-be. Since returning to the capital half a year ago, Xiao Family’s old Ancestor ordered him not to leave the capital because of the approaching wedding. Under the arrangement of his family, he met his fiancée Bai Ya-er a few times.

In the past, Xiao Lin Yu only thought that Bai Ya-er would be qualified to be the mistress of Xiao Family. But after half a year of contact from time to time, Xiao Lin Yu discovered a problem: when he was with Bai Ya-er, he always subconsciously felt very restrained. In addition, Bai Ya-er looked at him with more and more disgust. This always made him feel very confused. Was such a marriage really what he wanted? Does he really want to spend his whole life with a woman who despises him?