38

Chapter 38. Insuppressible life

"What did you say?" Drowsy from sickness, old Mrs. Chen forced herself to sit up. Half suspicious and half fierce, she uttered: "Did she really say that?"

Mrs. Chen sat on the edge of the kang. Her mind was spinning. She nodded at old Mrs. Chen's question. "Ah! I had heard it from Wan Niang and felt it was important. So I hurried to tell Mother. "

Actually, she was somewhat dubious about it. But thinking about her two sons who were talented and smart, but had never been able to pass the entry-level exam, there must be a reason for this.

A dry stick-like hand slapped the kang: "Wonderful! I didn't expect that I who devote my life to this family to get cursed by money-wasting thing at old age!"

Old Mrs. Chen was surprised at first, but now she believed ninety percent now. She only felt that she was being harmed by those money-wasting things in the second room and wished to dig a hole and bury them.

"What are you being noisy for?" Yue Da Fu, who came back from the outside, saw that the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law pair muttering in each other ears. He only heard the second half of old Mrs. Chen's sentence: "What's curse or not curse? Every day only know to be noisy."

Old Mrs. Chen exuded displeasure: "I'm about to be killed by those money-wasting and you are ridiculing me here. It look like you can't wait for me to die so that you can marry a young one back?"

She was never one to mash her words and can say anything. Yue Da Fu couldn't do anything about it.

Although he had no way to govern old Mrs. Chen, he can still intimidate the younger generation. He glanced at guilty conscience Mrs. Chen who was sitting on the edge: "What did you tell your mother just now?"

Yue Da Fu didn't really like this daughter-in-law very much; lazy and loose mouth. If it wasn't for old Mrs. Chen who was crying and throwing a tantrum, he wouldn't have allowed her to enter the door.

Mrs. Chen was always afraid of her father-in-law. Seeing him ask such a question, she timidly stood up a little and intermittently responded, "I didn't say much..."

How could old Mrs. Chen care what she said? She directly stated: "Said that I'm about to be cursed by those money-wasting things in the second branch!"

Then she poured out all the words that Wan Niang had said: "Tell me, would I be cursed by those money-wasting things if Patriarch hadn't to stop me and had them dead long ago?"

Yue Da Fu had some doubts in his heart. Wan Niang had just entered the family after all and had her own ideas. But what if what she said was true?

While pondering about what to do, old Mrs. Chen broke into scolding rant. Looking nothing like a someone get cursed. He waved his hand and said, "Stop for a moment. Wait until I go to Baiyun Temple tomorrow and ask."

Baiyun Temple was a temple where most people from nearby areas and villages go to burn incense and pray to Buddha. Incense fire was very prosperous. In the early morning of the second day, Yue Da Fu took Yue Chang Lu and drove an ox cart to Baiyun Temple after getting for the birth dates of several children in the second branch.

Old Mrs. Chen and others waited anxiously at home for a day. Finally, the return of the solemn-looking Yue Da Fu father and son arrived.

"How did it go?" Seeing that he was finally back, Mrs. Chen, who was still laying on the bed, hurriedly sat up with the help of Mrs. Chen and eagerly looked at Yue Da Fu. Because she was afraid of those few money-wasting things harming him, she didn't even dare to let them in the kitchen today!