148

Chapter 148 Fourth Wei

From that day on, You Jin had dreamed of a jade-like gentleman with softness between his eyes and hadn't entered her dream for a long time for four-five nights in a row. Several times in the middle of the night, when she dreamed back, she only felt her empty heart have a faint strange feeling of familiarity that can't be grasped or explained clearly.

"Qiu Fen, have you ever had the feeling that two people who are clearly the opposite, but when you see this person, you always think of the other person?" You Jin accepted the half a cup of pagoda tree flower honey water brought by Qiu Fen and took a sip. Then she leaned on the soft pillow, watching the blooming crabapple flowers stretching their leaves toward the sunlight, like a stunning woman in red dancing. You Jin leisurely breathed a sigh of relief. The years were quiet. She really wants to nap.

Qiu Fen was sitting on a low stool by the couch, doing embroidery work. When she heard Eldest Miss's question, she stopped her hand and carefully pondered for a while before shaking her head lightly: "The maidservant doesn't understand."

You Jin looked at Qiu Fen tilting her head and looking somewhat cute. She couldn't help chuckling: "You don't understand anything, then it's really hard on Zhao Wu."

Zhao Wu was originally a member of Xiao Family's guards. At some unknown time, he started to interact with Qiu Fen. Not long ago, he came to You Jin for her hand in marriage and their engagement was set not long ago.

"Miss!" Qiu Fen became shy from Eldest Miss's words. Her round face was stained a little blush. It made You Jin amused and put down her thoughts for the time being.

Come to think of it, it was strange. Since that day, You Jin had never met Third Yu by chance again. You Jin sent someone to send the Ten Thousand Lotus Painting in her family's collection to Yu's house on pagoda tree alley. Third Yu returned an unknown value painting of appreciating lotuses in summer made by a famous artist in the former dynasty. Then the two had no further contact.

When You Jin heard the news that Third Yu had left Luohe Prefecture and went south, it was already half a month later.

***

Since You Zhu and You Bao came of age, more matchmakers came to Su's house. It was unknown where it started, there were talks of 'Su Family's Eight Beauty'. On top of that, Su Family's businesses were all over Luohe Prefecture and they also founded the currently in the limelight Erya Female Academy. It made Su Family's girls enter the eyes of many scholarly families.

"Now it's really a family with a daughter, hundreds begging!" Mrs. Su sent away the second matchmaker who came knocking door today, feeling happy and worried at the same time. The happy thing was that the families who came to propose marriage were better than the other. She was happy that every family coming to seek a hand in marriage was getting better than another. Worried, because there were two at the right age in the family that were extremely difficult.

Just as she was thinking about it, the extremely difficult eldest came in slowly from the outside with a faint smile in her eyes: "Mother."

"You came at the right time. Just now was a matchmaker sent by the famous Wei family in Luohe Prefecture. She said Wei Family's fourth young master is proposing marriage." Seeing Eldest Daughter arrived, Mrs. Su hurriedly ordered someone to remove the used cup and serve a cup of thorn rose tea: "Fourth Gentleman Wei is only seventeen now and he is already a Xiucai. When he passed the Xiucai exam last year, he was in the top ten in Luohe Prefecture! This golden ranking title is a certainty!"

Not only that, Wei Family was also a well-known scholarly family in Luohe Prefecture. Counting three generations before Fourth Gentleman Wei, the family had produced a second-rank civil servant! Although Master Wei wasn't as good as his predecessors, he was an old minister who retired from the imperial court. It was really rare for such a family to come to Su Family to propose marriage!