48

Chapter 48. Yunweixuan

A good night's sleep passed. Early the next morning, You Jin brought You Yin and You Zhu into the city. After all, they dug too many bamboo shoots yesterday. They couldn't carry so many things without bringing You Zhu. After entering the city gate of Luohe Prefecture, the three sisters inquired around as they made way to west side. After a while, they found Yunweixuan that the fair chubby man mentioned yesterday.

When they arrived at the entrance of Yunweixuan, both You Yin and You Zhu were a little surprised. The gates were all carved and hollowed out wooden doors. It looked like a very imposing restaurant. You Jin was also a little shocked. Yesterday, she thought that the man looked very rich and may be a big customer. Never thought the Yunweixuan he mentioned turned out to be a three-storey building with a very stylish decoration. Even the restaurant's staff standing at the door welcoming the guests was wearing fine cotton clothes!

However, You Jin quickly came back to her senses. She smiled warmly and spoke, "Brother, we are here to deliver goods."

"Go to the back door for the delivery. The back kitchen is there!" The young man couldn't help but feel disgusted when he saw the few people dressed in shabby clothes. He waved his hand and told the three of them to leave quickly: "Don't block the nobles' entrance."

You Jin wasn't angry. After all, it wasn't the first time she had encountered this kind of thing. She smiled and asked the direction of the back door. Only then, she took her younger sisters to the back door.

When they got to the back door and said that it was bamboo rat delivery. Soon a middle-aged man, who looked like a cook as he got an apron on, came out: "Is it these dollies who said there are bamboo rats?"

The little staff who was guarding the back door nodded: "Yesterday, Second Master instructed that there will be two little girls coming to send bamboo rats these two days. It must be them."

The Second Master the little staff mentioned was the fair chubby man You Jin and the others had met yesterday. He happened to be the person in charge of this restaurant. Also known as Second Master Huang.

"Since it was Second Master's instruction, accept the things and settle the money." The cook nodded. Seeing that the baskets that You Jin and the others were carrying were full of bamboo shoots, he added, "Buy two baskets of bamboo shoots as well. Now it's March, a good time to eat bamboo shoots."

The cook examined and picked them out. In the end, he took all the bamboo rats that You Jin brought over and the two baskets of bamboo shoots. Even the water celery and locust flowers were bought. The price was according to what they negotiated. On the way to the account room, he met Second Master Huang. As soon as Second Master Huang heard that yesterday's little girl sent bamboo rats over and had brought four today, he nodded with satisfaction: "Go and tell the little girl, if there's any game or fresh goods in the future, just deliver it over as long as it's fresh. We will buy it at the market price."

Yunweixuan paid attention to the word 'fresh' in cooking. Naturally, the fresher the better.

Second Master Huang had been in charged of Yunweixuan for more than ten years. Naturally, he was also an old foodie. It went without saying he had his own experience about what was the most delicious food in what season. He didn't care who buy it from. It just need to be good stuff.

At the back door, You Jin received one silver liang from the young staff. After listening to the message passed down, You Jin took the two girls away from the back alley of Yunweixuan with great gratitude. Then they carried the last half of the basket of bamboo shoots to the west market to sell. In all of Luohe Prefecture, only Wuliqiao have bamboo hills. But the villagers in Wuliqiao rarely dug bamboo shoots to sell. So there weren't many people selling bamboo shoots on the street. On top of that, You Jin's bamboo were good quality. The price was only a little more expensive than the seasonal vegetables. The city people were tired of eating those cabbage and potatoes. So most of them are willing to spend an extra two or three wen to buy bamboo shoots and taste the deliciousness of spring.