62

Chapter 62 Canal Workers Dormitory

Seeing the increasing number of people in Luohe Prefecture, You Jin knew that the canal construction was probably true. It will take a lot of labor to dig the canal and the people who dig the canal may not necessarily be all Luohe Prefecture’s citizens. Meaning basic necessities of life would become a problem for some of them. This would be a business opportunity.

"You’re looking for someone to build a house?" He Hao really didn't know whether it was Su Family having vision or luck. Who would have thought that the old and weak female and children of Su Family would spend so much money to buy so much wasteland. Initially, he felt that they were silly. The slap in the face came in a blink of an eye. He was the silly one! "Is the current house not enough for your family?"

You Jin explained: "I noticed people coming and going in Luohe Prefecture. It seems the construction of the canal is a certainty. I think I can earn some money by building some thatched mud brick houses on the wasteland. "

Su Family now had ten mu of land about a stone's throw away from the Wuliqiao River. Only four mu were planted, and the remaining six mu were vacant. If some houses were built, they would be rented to canal workers in the future. This is a way to make money, no? After discussing with Mrs. Su, You Jin sought Lizheng to find someone to help: "Our family doesn't have any acquaintances in Wuliqiao, so I want to ask Uncle Lizheng for help and find a craftsman team."

He Hao was full of emotions in his heart. No wonder Su Family had a good life! Su Family’s eldest lass really dared to think and do. He Hao nodded and replied, "Sure, I will take care of this."

Right now, out of the entire Wuliqiao, only Su Family occupied ten mu of open land on the west side of the river. If he wants to take advantage of the early wind of digging the canal to earn some money, he has to be on good terms with Su Family.

"Then many thanks Uncle Lizheng. When the house is built, Auntie Zhao can make some steamed buns, mantou, and the likes and sell them there. She can earn enough to cover the expenses of the whole family." You Jin naturally understood the logic of give and take. In the future, if only her family earns all the money, others will be jealous, no?

Zhao Chun Hua's eyes lit up after hearing this. Their family’s eldest son spent a lot of money every year studying in a private school in Luohe Prefecture. It would be nice if they could earn more money: "Deal! When the time comes, we will have to rely on You Jin to help us out!"

Zhao Chun Hua really liked Su Family’s eldest lass more and more. She had a sweet mouth and knew how to act. It was just that she was too young. If not, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to marry her into the family as a daughter-in-law.

After discussing with Lizheng, a construction team of 18 people went to the wasteland on the west side of the river two days later. They began to lay the foundation and build the house according to You Jin's idea. You Jin's idea was also very simple. The dormitory was mainly divided into two types. One was a shared quarter, which can accommodate 20 people in one room. The other was a small single room with a small kang bed and simple table and bench set. This kind was prepared for the canal engineering stewards.

The construction activity on the west side of the river had alarmed many villagers of Wuliqiao. More and more villagers went to the west side of the river to watch the excitement. Some people were envious of prospering Su Family. Naturally, some were also jealous.You Jin didn't bother to pay them any heed either. Now that the pups in the family had grown up enough to watch the home, she led Da Huang and Xiao Hei around the village a few times to dispel some people’s bad intentions. The dogs following behind Su Family’s lass had majestically scared away many bad-intentioned people with its teeth glistening with coldness.