7

Chapter 7. Third Branch

The egg turmoil stirred by Yue Wen Wei's words finally overturned after old Mrs. Chen pretended to be ill and instigated You Jin to be beaten.

The two elders of Yue Family were in a very good mood during the past two days. Even old Chen's face, which always showed the granddaughters at home disgust, softened a lot. It turned out that third branch was coming back.

The second day of September was old Mrs. Chen's birthday. Old Third, who opened a small grocery store in the county city, sent a message back a few days ago. Saying that he would take the two nephews from first branch and his family back in these two day to celebrate the old lady's birthday. Since this message, the smile on old Mrs. Chen's face hadn't dropped. As expected, her third doted her, his old mother, the most. The so-called "Emperor loves the eldest son, the ordinary people love the youngest." Although old Mrs. Chen favored the eldest branch's two grandsons, her most favorite in her heart was her third, Yue Chang Shou.

In the afternoon of the first day of September, a spacious green cloth mule cart entered Cuifeng Village and steadily stopped at the gate of Yue's house.

The youngest son of third branch was only four years old this year. After getting out of the mule cart, he ran to the door of the Yue Family's compound and knocked on the door: "Grandfather, Grandmother, Liu Lang is back! Open the door!"
Following Liu Lang, were fine-cotton scholar robes cladded Da Lang, a.k.a Yue Wen Tao and Er Lang, a.k.a. Yue Wen Li.

Yue Chang Shou settled the money with the driver of the cart and made an appointment with him to pick them up to return the county in the morning of two days later. Then he brought the big and small bundles to the gate of Yue's house. Everyone stood at the entrance for a while before they heard the movement. Old Mrs. Chen hurried out and opened the door: "Third!"

Seeing her youngest son come back, old Mrs. Chen's eyes reddened with joy.

Yue Chang Shou smilingly answered: "Mother, my son is back to pay you birthday greeting. I wish you for prosperity as wide as the East Sea and longevity higher than the South Mountain!"

Yue Chang Shou's in-law, Han Family opened a small grocery store in the county city. Han Family only got one daughter. Han Family let Yue Chang Shou manage the store to make her life easier. Yue Chang Shou was also nimble-minded and eloquent speaker. Although third branch's life wasn't rich, but it was also considered to be a good life.

"Oh you. Just come back. Why bring such things? You can sell them in the shop for a lot of money!" Seeing Yue Chang Shou and Han both carrying big bundles and small bundles in their hands, old Mrs. Chen's smilingly expression couldn't be hidden.

Mrs. Han responded with mirth: "It's worth the money to spend on the things to respect Father and Mother."
After saying that, she winked at the three children. Yue You He received her mother's gaze and properly gave old Mrs. Chen the commonly used greeting in the county: "Granddaughter pay Grandmother's birthday greeting." The few grandsons also obediently bowed and gave birthday wishing.

Seeing the beaming looks on her son and grandchildren's faces, old Mrs. Chen was doused in joy. Until Yue Da Fu came out and yelled: "Old lady is crazy with joy. Still, not letting the children come in and rest!"

Hearing what her family's old man said, old Mrs. Chen came back to her senses: "Mother was too overjoyed. I have forgotten you guys had travelled for half a day before returning. Come, come. Go to the main hall and sit down to chat with Mother."

The group happily returned to the main hall. Mrs. Chen had heard the movement and brought Wen Wei to the main hall to join the liveliness.

Because of the good family situation, Mrs. Han was family head in the county. So she prepared some small gifts for each child. She had also prepared a piece of fabric that was now popular in the county for You Ting.