127

Chapter 127 Saintly heart

There were 17 people who were changed from death penalty to exile this time. Xiao Family brothers happen to be among them. Xiao Family had no foundation except Second Master Xiao who was an official in the court. Most people who know about this matter only thought Xiao Family brothers were lucky enough and didn’t guess what the factor that caused it.

"Damn it! They were clearly going to be beheaded soon. Why did His Majesty suddenly change his mind!" In the remote small courtyard of Xu’s house, another white porcelain cup shattered to the ground with a clang. As for the person who threw the teacup, she still felt the fire was burning even after smashing three-four tea cups in a row and fumingly sat on the couch.

As soon as Xu Zhi Tong came in, he saw the furious beauty. His expression became a little strange for a moment. His brows were slightly frowned, as if he disliked his wife. When Attendant Bai blinked and looked over again, she found that Miss’s husband's expression was still as indifferent as before. For a moment, she only thought that she was seeing things. That's right, Miss broke her engagement with Xiao Family and surrendered her status to marry into Xu Family because she fell in love with Miss’s husband. How could Miss’s husband despise Miss? As Attendant Bai pondered on this, she quietly retreated out and left the small indoor space for the young couple.

"Who made Wife unhappy? Husband will go teach them a lesson or two?" Attendant Bai stood guard outside and heard Miss’s husband softly coaxing Miss. Miss no longer seemed to be angry anymore. A gratifying smile appeared on the corner of Attendant Bai’s mouth. Like she said, how could Miss’s husband hate Miss?

***

To the north of the capital, at a ten-li station.

Today was the day when the exiled prisoners set off for Northern Xinjiang. Mrs. Yu, Mrs. Zhao and others had prepared clothes, shoes, socks, food and other items long ago and sewed some pieces of silver on the inside of each clothes for emergencies.

In order to give the two couples some time to chat, You Jin sent Qiu Fen to give fifty liang silver to the petty official who led the team. After a few more flattering words, she asked him to take care of the two elders a little bit.

The petty official shook the purse and showed a satisfied smile: "Don't worry. Since you know how to act, we will naturally know how to act too."

Transporting the exiles was one of the hardest jobs. Although some family members will give some money to pay their respects a bit. But there weren’t many families who would spend a few dozens of liang silver in one go. He was a principled person. Since they gave these silver to ward off disasters, he will naturally comply.

Xiao Hai Ru brothers carried the heavy burden on their backs. Head turned back at every three steps, they followed the exile team slowly toward the north. It wasn't until they bypassed a small hill in the north and Mrs. Yu group were no longer in sight, they followed the group on the unknown road of exile without looking back.

"Your Father and Uncle’s life is safe now. Gentleman Xiao can rest assured?" Outside the ten li station, two men wearing masks stood in the dense forest. Through the shadows of the trees, they watched Mrs. Yu's group, who hadn’t left the station. One of the men in blue clothes raised his voice slightly and asked, "Within that military group, there are two of Wangye’s people. They will protect the two Xiao’s Masters."

Speaking of their Wangye, the man in blue clothes looked very proud. With a straightened back, he spoke: "Our Wangye keeps his promise. Since he promised Gentleman Xiao to keep the two masters alive, he will naturally keep it. Gentleman Xiao, you don’t know, our Wangye is planning a strategy. He..."