118

Chapter 118. Face

Three days later, the official slave auction in the capital.

The originally graceful and elegant Mrs. Yu’s back was already much more hunched now. The heavy shackles made her walk more slowly. Along with Mrs. Zhao, she supported old Ancestor, Mrs. Song, whose hair had changed from the original gray to all white in one month. The eldest daughter of the second branch who had been abandoned by her husband family, Xiao Lin Ru followed behind the three of them. The four of them trudged among the ranks of official slaves.

Although their heads weren’t raised, they could still feel the gazes of the dignitaries in the auction house falling on them. Thinking how she used to be the one sitting there, Mrs. Yu felt so embarrassed that she couldn't even raise her head. .

"This auction of official slaves has officially started. First of all, the female family members of the criminal Liu Family." At the official slave auction, the small official in charge of this auction sang loudly: "There are three official slaves from the criminal Liu Family. The starting price is 500 liang!"

The first to be auctioned were General Liu Wei’s female family members. Because General Liu Wei was involved in the conspiracy of General Han in the past, he was charged with serious crimes. Liu Family had been punished to the extent of nine clans.

How can anyone dare to have anything to do with Liu Family now? That was why none of the three remaining Liu Family’s female family members’s previous connections came out to redeem them. In the end, they were bought back by an unknown small businessman.

The official slave auction was going on in an orderly manner. You Jin was sitting in the seat arranged by the auction. Searching the group of official slaves intently, she asked in a hushed voice to Leader Guard Xiao who was standing beside her: "Leader Guard, do you see them?"

She had never met anyone from Xiao Family. Now she could only rely on Leader Guard Xiao to identify them.

Guard Chief Xiao half-squinted his eyes and searched for the familiar figures in the group of official slaves who were only a few meters away from him. A moment later, he pinpointed them and replied in a whispered excited voice: "I found them. Standing on the left side. It’s the woman in the green dress and the three people beside her."

Following the gaze of Leader Guard Xiao, she saw two middle-aged women supporting an old woman with white hair. The one Leader Guard mentioned int he green dress was Xiao Family’s Eldest Miss. The four of them were all unkempt with red wounds on the backs of their hands outside their sleeves. They must have suffered a lot in prison. You Jin retrieved her gaze and nodded slightly: "I see."

The official slave auction progressed very quickly. Soon it was the turn of the female family members of Xiao Family.

"The criminals are four female family members of Xiao Family. The starting price is 500 liang!" The little official gave the price.

"Five hundred liang!" As soon as the little official finished speaking, someone started bidding. You Jin followed the voice and saw that it was a young married woman with a ponytail. She looked elegant and quiet.

You Jin was a little puzzled and turned to Leader Guard Xiao: "That is?"

Was it someone who was on good terms with Xiao Family? But her gaze didn't look like it!

Leader Guard Xiao also spotted the woman. Although she was a bit unfamiliar, he recognized her and urged: "Miss, quickly bid! I will explained the entangleent to you later." Xiao Family and that person’s feud can’t be clearly explained in a few words. The most urgent thing now was to redeem the masters of Xiao Family. If Eldest Miss buys them back, he believed that this was the best way out for the masters. What will happen if they fall into the hands of others? It was hard to say.