30

Chapter 30. New Year Pig Slaughter (part 2)

Although Yue Wen Wei was glutton, the news he brought to Mrs. Chen was correct. This time, Yue Wen Tao brothers didn't only come back alone. They brought back two classmates who they got along fairly well in the academy.

When old Mrs. Chen saw those two classmates who were dressed like the sons of rich families, she panicked and hurriedly sent You Luo, who was standing at the door of the west wing: "Go to the backyard and invite your grandfather over. Say there's guests at home."

Then she nervously led them to the main room: "The family is having New Year pig slaughter today. It's a mess. Hope you two boys don't mind."

"Old Madam is too polite. It's us who came to disturb without sending the greeting card first. We troubled old Madam to entertain us." The taller and thinner scholar of the two in green attire smiled and gave old Mrs. Chen a scholar's salute. His smile was very gentle.

Who had ever called old Mrs. Chen old Madam before? Now that she heard a student who looked like a talented scholar call her like that, she instantly felt agitated in her heart. It was as if she truly became what she was addressed, a old Madam dressed brocade and jade. She grinned so wide that only her teeth could be seen: "You gentlemen from the county town are all golden nobles. Since you came here, you are honored guests of our Yue Family. This countryside is full of muddy waters. Can't slight you at all!"

On the other side, Yue Da Fu heard that there were guests. Initially, he was still a little puzzled. How could there be guests in such cold weather? Still, he went back to the main room. Seeing that it was his grandsons who brought back classmates from county towns, he was also a little frightened and delighted: "You two boys are Wen Tao's classmates? Don't freeze yourself on coming here all the way on such cold day!"

Maybe due to peasant family's natural awe for scholars, Yue Da Fu felt restrained sitting on the kang despite being old enough to be their grandfather.

The tall and thin scholar was called Zhou Jun Peng. Hearing Da Fu Yue's question, he stood up and bowed his hands in a scholar's salute. He merrily spoke, "Old Master is too polite, Ruo Shan and I had heard Wen Tao mentioned that there is a custom of new year pig slaughter in the village. We followed over out of curiosity. If we caused trouble to the family, we apologize to you in advance."

The chubby scholar named Liu Ruo Shan. His small eyes spun around with a purr. He was a little impatient and pushed Wen Li on the side: "Didn't you say pigs get killed? Take me to see it!"

Yue Da Fu and old Mrs. Chen Shi didn't find him rude. Instead, they thought that the young master from the town had never seen pig slaughter and it was a moment of novelty. So they hurriedly laughed and asked Yue Wen Tao to take the two to the backyard to see the pig slaughter. .

When Yue You Ting dressed up and came over, only old Mrs. Chen was left in the main room. Old Mrs. Chen was grinningly counting the gifts brought by Zhou Jun Peng and Liu Ruo Shan: "Sure enough, the sons of the county are different! "

Yue You Ting didn't see anyone, so she timidly asked old Mrs. Chen: "Grandmother, where's elder brothers?"

There was some anxiety in her eyes. Could it be that they have already left?

Old Mrs. Chen didn't notice her small thought. She waved her hand casually: "Went to the backyard to watch the pig slaughtering."

It's good that they didn't go! Yue You Ting breathed a sigh of relief. She originally wanted to follow over. But looking at her clean and beautiful new clothes and then thinking how the backyard was full of dirty water after killing pigs, she pushed down the urge to see the guests when consider how embarrassing it was to dirty the clothes. She made a random excuse and went back to the east wing.